Movie Review 1917

by Terry 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Saw this film last night and was very impressed with its realism.

Very goof filming and infused soundtrack, as well acting.

It gives a very accurate representation of what it was like in the trenches of WW1.

The only part that I thought was a bit weak was the trip mine that went off in the German underground bunker, That explosion would made those guys deaf for at least an hour or more and the large rocks that landed on the guy that was buried, didn't hurt him physically but only a bit of dust in his eyes.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I look forward to the movie 1917 ,I hope it lives up to the hype.

LUHE , I hope you wont be disapointed in "lighthouse" I panned it but my son loved it ? I cant understand it .

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

LUHE , I hope you wont be disapointed in "lighthouse" I panned it but my son loved it ? I cant understand it - I don't think the film is for everybody. It may be that I won't like it, I don't know for sure. But I liked Robert Eggers's previous effort, The Witch (2015). I'm definitely gonna buy it on DVD.

• Terry
    Terry

Some films simply cry out for "in-theater" viewing due to the extraordinary nature of the visual design and necessity of a "transformative" experience.
    This is certainly a prime example. (No, I don't mean Amazon Prime) :)

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

We saw this in a theater and I would agree that it would have the most impact on a big screen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit