Back after 18 years

by BobsGirl 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• BobsGirl
    BobsGirl

Anyone still here to remember me and Aluminutty?

• Simon
    Simon

Welcome to the Hotel Forum California ...

• BobsGirl
    BobsGirl

Hello Simon!!! Guess no one remembers me. I am an old broken down silent lamb and friend of the former just2laws, Joy2bfree, mpatrick and other old schoolers.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

R U still bob's girl?

just saying!

• Giordano
    Giordano

Hey BobsGirl!

I've been on this forum for..... I guess some ten years.

There is a vast change in the Society's policies in recent years. Encouraging everyone to use the internet to rediscover their religion......... Bad move....... now members are looking up the history of this religion and saying...... Holy shit!

Kingdom Halls are being sold to cover their guilty verdicts and settlements when it comes to their policy re pedophiles and their two witness rule. The Society permitted evil to take place. Real evil. The Society urged that we didn't get proactive about Child Sexual abuse.

Speak no evil of a brother JAH will fix it. But evil has a way to leave stains and the WTBTS is filled with many stains.

What do we say to the child that is raped two or three times a week for years?

JAH will fix it.

The times have changed and the Society and it's religion is no longer a player in the world of marginal religions.

It's time to spit in the face of the WTBTS and deny them any positive encouragement

or money contributions.

• millie210
    millie210

Hi BobsGirl.

Good to see you here

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Hi there are you, again...

G.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BOBSGIRL:

Welcome back. I am a longtime ‘fader’ who has been on here for fifteen years.

A lot has happened in the JW religion. They have gone from bad to worse with high control and intrusiveness. I said years ago that I didn’t want to be anywhere near JWs who didn’t want to work when REALITY hit them.. It did. Thousands have been released from bethels over the last decade or so. Other JWs in congregations have reached retirement age with no preparation because they thought Armageddon would have come before this time.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

LHG

just a comment on your comment;

"....have reached retirement age with no preparation because they thought Armageddon would have come before this time".

jw's didn't "think" they would never reach retirement age! jw's were "told and assured" back in 1969 that they would never grow old in this system of things. Big difference!

just saying!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

EYEUSE2BADUB:

Yeah, I get it and see the shade of difference in the language. I wasn’t in the religion yet in 1969. I was a teenager and still a Catholic.

I came in the JWs in the late ‘70s. I was new in the workforce and would not quit my job to appease the Witnesses. Hell no! I saw people collecting their pensions. They were in the workforce so why would I not be.

I’m curious though:..if somebody is told that they “will never grow old in this system of things”, at what age do they realize something might be wrong with this picture? Age Forty?? I would be uneasy..That still wouldn’t be too late for somebody to do something about their retirement, IMO.

Good luck to them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit