Rolf Furuli New Book

by dozy 28 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Surprisingly no discussion of footnote 102 on page 328. Has this been discussed and I missed it?

I listened to nearly two hours of Cedars and gang with no mention of it. Maybe they gave up reading the book by that point. Goatlike personality admitted he doesn’t intend to read the book, but he’d surely be interested to have this note pointed out.

I wonder if this footnote will be revised in future editions.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

footnote on pg. 328 : " 102. I would like to add that several accusations against the GB on the Internet and other places are not true. For example, in connection with child molestation, the GB has been accused of having directed elders to hide such crimes from the authorities. The first time such crimes were known to elders in Norway was around 1990. Since then, elders have been advised to take particular measures to protect children, and always to cooperate with the police. So this accusation is wrong! "

This shows how ill informed Furuli is about the world wide situation, and how fooled he is (possibly) about how it actually works when Elders come across Abuse. He has simply trotted out the " Party Line". I cannot believe that even in Norway, "such Crimes" had not occurred before the 1990's !

If there is anther edition, this nonsense needs amending for sure !

• Half banana
    Half banana

It is a good thing that Furuli has broken with the WT. This hurts them more than anyone else since there is now no boot licking academic to 'confirm' their fantasy historical dates!

Another consequence of the downfall of Furuli will be the increased animosity towards academic sources by the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses, the very source which normally arbitrates factual understanding in this IT driven world. It is quite possible that the gulf between JW Bible teachings and evidential reality will increase and I see them being proud to deny scholarly input.

Furuli's opinions can hardly be of use to the rest of academia who would refute his assertions, assertions driven by faith in his beloved Watchtower religion.

Perhaps his next book will be "Why there is no god"? But can the guy be trusted anymore than the JW org can? Better to ignore both parties, neither have anything useful to teach.

• Biahi
    Biahi

They will say that there is no double standard regarding shunning, if you become a JW, you shouldn’t be shunned by your family, but if you leave JWs, you should be shunned. Reason? Because it’s “da troof.”

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

That footnote stinks, written like the deluded WT apologist he always was

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I think goatlike is correct in his analysis here, apparently from conversation with Furuli. Furuli says it was right for him to leave JWs but other apostates should return to the religion. In other words, Furuli doesn’t class himself with other apostates, because he regards his own views more highly than theirs. It sounds bizarre, but it rings true.

https://youtu.be/ab4RChRI578

• Magnum
    Magnum

I'm beginning to think Furuli might be sort of like Fred Franz; Franz thought he was a righteous guru with intelligence and knowledge exceeding that of his peers and underlings. Furuli seems to think similarly of himself.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Furuli sounds like a self righteous arrogant dick , both when he was a full fledged JWS and now out of the Org.

• TD
    TD

Ya know him, ya love 'em.

Same guy who talked down to doctors with less than a middle-school understanding of the subject himself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit