Mexico News Daily: Blood transfusion case before Supreme Court

by AndersonsInfo 41 Replies latest watchtower medical

• carla
    carla

If the child isn't baptized then technically the child is not a jw, right? don't they use the "he's not a real jw" when someone commits a heinous crime? if the guy wasn't baptized then the jw's don't consider him to be a 'real' jw. (That's the line my jw gives.) Why should it be any different for the children?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

A couple of cases that come to mind:

A child is in intensive care. Doctors decide that the child will need blood. JW parents ask the doctor to try non-blood first. Doctors refuse. No sooner than the doctors pump blood, the child dies.

A JW man is in the hospital and the doctor tells him that he needs a blood transfusion or he is going to die. (The man has had the same problem before and doctors give him a ferrous compound IV and he pulls through) Man asks for the ferrous compound and doctors refuse --and go on and on telling the man to take the blood or die. Then the man's loved one comes into the room and doctors kick everybody JW out. Man's loved one is not JW. Doctors tell the loved one to just say the word and the man will get the blood inspite of the blood card. Loved one instructs the doctor to follow the man's wishes. Doctors refuse and meanwhile the man's condition is getting worse. Finally, the doctor agrees to administer the ferrous compound, the man's condition improves to the point where he pulls through and is sent home.

• LV101
    LV101

Fish - Excuse me, I don't use violence to overturn anything! I know of couple of young, wild, JW, girls that have used Planned Parenthood for their abortions and I also experienced tough elders (and their loser kids - my husband has a very prominent law firm in a couple of states and I, unfortunately, heard it all as they'd whine to me wanting free legal or anything they could get!) bullying decent human beings -- they make the mafia look good!

I think all children should be protected from the evil of the Watchtower - including rape!

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    children should be protected from the evil of the Watchtower - including rape!

I don't know what you mean. People can feel however they like about things but if you or anybody else convicts wt specifically of doing something wrong or illegal, that is a different subject matter.

• LV101
    LV101
    Of course you don't and you're the one changing the subject matter.
  • Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

This article in the British Medical Journal addresses this issue regarding what doctors should do when a parent requests "second best" medical treatment for their child. This is frequently the case for children of Jehovah's Witness parents.

http://jme.bmj.com/content/early/2017/10/03/medethics-2016-103461

• LV101
    LV101

Lee, thanks for the link -- I'm reading it now! I thought you were associated (founder) with AJWRB.org.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    when a parent requests "second best" medical treatment for their child.

No. When a parent requests no-blood vs blood for a child, a physician has an obligation to the patient: to honestly decide in the best interests of the child. Everything considered, blood is the easy choice for a doctor, no-blood management is harder and more work. Doctors also look at what is more profitable.

• flipper
    flipper

" The Rarimuri woman ( the JW ) has charged that in overruling her to make medical decisions on behalf of her child, she has been discriminated against on grounds of her ethnic origins and religious beliefs. " No- she's being ' discriminated ' against because she's endangering her child's life by making idiotic and death dealing medical decisions which will kill her daughter. Which is why the daughter should be kept placed under guardianship away from a mother who allows her daughter to die because of some half baked superstitious belief.

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

LV101 - that is correct.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit