I'm Cursed

by ashitaka 14 Replies latest jw friends

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

For years, my wife and I have had bad luck.

We were abused and were part of a destructive cult that almost succeeded in driving us to successfully commit suicide, we had to elope to get married, she cried for a year because of how rotten her parents were to her, she almost died a year later from an athsma attack, we got screwed to the tune of $6,000 on medical bills, our cars continually break down, my job is screwing me out of 15,000 a year just because they can, my wife got into a major car accident that has left her in continual pain, I myself have knee, hip, back and foot problems, we may not win the civil case to get some exta funds for her injuries, which will leave us even more profoundly in debt (possibly $6,000), her parents essentially disowned her, we had her deadbeat brother live with us for 3 years because we felt sorry for him, and we barely even got a thank you for our sacrifice, our car insurance is 6,330 a year (more bad luck), we can't afford to buy food, my wife and I are both near physical and mental breakdown, and this morning, my car's transmission broke after sitting in traffic on Route 287 for three hours.

There's nothing left of me. I must be cursed. I either was Ghengis Khan or Hitler in my previous life, and I'm paying through the nose for it. Either that, or the devil just likes kicking me in the ass, because I keep refusing to fall down.

How has your day been?

ash

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Whoa. I am REALLY sorry, ashitaka. You've had some nasty stuff happen to you, that's for sure. And car trouble has to be the most aggravating, frustrating thing in the world (I know, I've had some real lemons on four wheels). Never happens at a good time -- oh wait, there IS no good time!

I'm not going to tell you to count your blessings, because at a time like this you just need to go ahead and feel bad. BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT please remember that there are a lot of people out here who really care about you and your wife and admire you greatly for what you have accomplished. YOU ARE A SURVIVOR. You survived abuse -- you can survive car trouble, money trouble, and even health problems. YOU are in control of your life, not a bunch of stale old men in Brooklyn or other abusive adults. And hang in there, my friend.

Love & hugs,

Nina

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Thanks, kiddo. I have a feeling I'll be having an emergency meeting with Mr. Al Chohol tonight....

ash

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

You've got a pm.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Wow, I'm sorry.

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

It is hard to conceive of a helpful response--so let me just say I'm sorry you continue to deal with so much hardship and I hope things will lighten up in the near future!

• Been there
    Been there

((((((((((Ash & Wife))))))))))))

You're not cursed. You just have more of a life then a lot of us. Your rewards will be many. Look at Job.

Sorry, just thought you could use a chuckle (dodging flying fruits & veggies being flung from the audience)

The old saying.........If it were'nt for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all. I'll send up a little prayer for you.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Who gave you permission to start living MY life, huh? Give it back.....wait, what am I saying?

Seriously, though, Ashi, sending much white light and good thoughts that things will soon turn around for you. ****HUGS****

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

OK you two let's get something straight

You survived it all

Yeah it's tough and my heart goes out to both of you

But you have survived - all of it. You are here - struggling perhaps and feeling defeated but you are here and alive

And I am so glad you haven't given up

Have a good cry. Beat up on a pillow (so you don't hurt yourself). write nasty journal entries that help you relieve the frustration and anger at it all

and get a good night's sleep

It won't make the problems go away but it will help you stay sane my friends

Take care

Lee

• wednesday
    wednesday

writing it down, talking to friends(like us), punching a bag, anythting to get it out. Lee is right, it isn't easy, but somehow u are surviving. We care about u, i always read your posts. U are upbeat, i would never have known .If u must, file bankfuptcy. Do whatever u can to lighten your load money wise.U have each other, and right now are not living on the street. my therapist says,
    any childhood u survive is good.

let it out,

weds

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit