The Big House Forced Exodus

by ttdtt 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Downsizing down the Bethel lifers, whilst expecting them to be shored up by a rank-and-file...

x

...that's also being downsized, too.

• wifibandit
  • Virgochik
    Virgochik

I couldn't watch it all. What a disgusting, hot steaming load of hogwash! My impression of him is that he's nervous and knows he's putting over lies and baloney. I hear insincerity in his voice. This isn't someone I'd trust if I met him doing business. Red flags went up for me.

Then there's the actual message which is ridiculous. Really, does God need to adjust so often because he didn't get it right? Is God so similar to a human sailor? Silly, just silly juvenile reasoning. I don't even know what to say for people who buy this stuff.

• sparky1
    sparky1

"I hope by Jehovah's undeserved kindness you will remain much longer and become a permanent member of the Bethel family."- N.H. Knorr. All you Bethelites that are now being lovingly displaced must remember this lie that Jehovah's Loving Organization presented to you to get you to come slave at 'the big house' for free. What happened to Jehovah's undeserved kindness? I guess it is only invoked when it benefits the Organization.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Well you can't kick me to the curb! I left in 1976 of my own free will.

• steve2
    steve2

So, at long last they finally openly acknowledge the significant changes that have occurred at HQ Bethel and bethels worldwide - especially since January 2015!

Clearly, this "talk" would have been prompted by rumblings of one kind or another. How could there not be rumblings?

The speaker robustly - and patronizingly - acknowledges the anxiety and the overwhelm experienced by Bethelits and that Bethelites who relocated their elderly parents to be settled closeby will now have to grapple with the problem of whether their parents can be moved once again and who will finance the relocation if they can be moved. These elderly parents are most likely life-long JWs now infirm and with all kinds of needs that leave them vulnerable to the quality and stability of their environment. Who is accountable for that? And who will pay for any relocation if it is indicated?

Not the organization.

And the puny excuses for the changes!

How the speaker can deliver his address without blushing or fidgeting nervously I don't know.

It's a pathetic PR mess tarted up to make it seem the reasonable and good thing with a few scriptures quoted here and there to silence Bethelites anxieties and overwhelm.

The most we can hope for is that the rumblings that likely prompted this platitudinous outpouring will increase as a result of it.

The slick, money-obsessed organization men responsible for proposing and ultimately approving the changes deserve to experience firsthand being kicked to the curb. Miserable patronizing bastards.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

That man is so smug it is unbearable. Only if he gets handed his own redundancy might it wipe the smirk off his face.

Also strange how he talks about "you older ones", he's no spring chicken himself. This is truly an aging organisation. The age profile of JW members is much older than the general population. 

• freddo
    freddo

@steve2

"How the speaker can deliver his address without blushing or fidgeting nervously I don't know."

Because he knows if he doesn't he's next and he's shitting bricks at the very thought!

@sparky1

Nice reminder with that Knorr welcome letter.

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

I have met many good and sincere JW’s that gave their all to the fulltime service. I met an equal amount of smug, sanctimonious, and pompous morons as well. We all remember the interviews ad nauseam at conventions, parading in front of us those in various forms of fulltime work and their special privileges in the congregation.

Many from Bethel would go on and on about how Jehovah was the best employer ever. How Jah would never let them down and toss them aside like so many “worldly bosses” etc. Working for God was touted as being a special honor and everyone in the audience was asked to prayerfully consider making Bethel service a personal lifetime goal. “Remember, Brothers…..you will have…..No Regrets.” (Cue the Thunderous applause!!)

It may sound mean but I really feel zero sympathy for these Bethelites and their delusions of grandeur.

They applied voluntarily and happily (no gun to their head). Many even applied numerous times before they got accepted.

So be it then, many fulltime servants who never remotely anticipated the year 2016 arriving are now getting jettisoned out on their butts. Maybe God wasn’t such a great employer after all. This is what happens when you give up all authority over your life to a manmade religion. How can you unconditionally hand yourself over, including all intellectual thoughts and reasoning skills, to an imperfect institution and then have no recourse?

As they walk out the front door for the last time they can reminisce on these happy thoughts:

WT March 1, 1988 p. 17 My Life in Jehovah’s Spirit-Directed Organization

Indeed, in every country, Jehovah’s people are the best and the happiest!

WT March 1, 1989 p. 3 How to Identify True Ministers of God

However, true ministers of God not only have duties and requirements but also have many privileges. In fact, as a group, they are the most privileged, the most successful, and by far the happiest group on earth today, as you will see in the next article.

As far as I’m concerned they are getting exactly what they deserve. Now go get a job and start paying for your own rent & provide for your own needs like the rest of the world. After all they did have..... ”The Best Life Ever.”

P.S. – This talk seems to indicate that, “evidently” the bloodletting is not over yet. There may always be more necessary changes in Jah’s organization in the future.

• sir82
    sir82

This talk seems to indicate that, “evidently” the bloodletting is not over yet.

Exactly. Why give a talk on "adjusting to change" to Bethelites, when those they have already expelled are already EX-Bethelites?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit