HOW the WatchTower leaders flipped the script on Christianity

by TerryWalstrom 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

jesus warnedabout some claiming to be christ so tell me what is the differance between that and claimingthatyou have been given all his authority and you must now accept the GB as your Lord and saviour

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Early Christianity was about the worship of a new God Christ. Even the New Testament was about establishing this new God and it even says he was elevated to god like status with the highest of names. The Angels also did an act of worship to him etc.. Later the trinity doctrine was established melding the son God with the father God, this was not uncommon for father and son were considered much the same in culture and in pagan pantheons often times the new God took the powers of the older God.

So when Christians today elevated Jesus and people worship him that's exactly what Christianity was meant to do. New God new religion.

• kepler
    kepler

Just an add on to the my above post. It appears that several paragraphs about dissenting communities distribution in time and space with respect to 325 AD simply vanished into cyber space. Also some remarks about how the exportation of English dissent to America gave that brand a higher representation than would have existed otherwise.

But I've got to get back to work on other things, so I let that go for now.

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

I was pulled by forceps from my mother's Caesarian wound and plopped down inside a family with no church going proclivities at all.

I had almost zero Bible reading for my 1st 13 years of life. I surmised an attitude about the Bible, however, by breathing in the ethos (a fine Greek word worth looking up and pondering) and the general conclusion I was able to reach was this:

The Bible was Holy (it said so on the cover!) and that meant it was spooky.
    My grandmother had been reared in a convent and had a Roman Catholic religious education (I use the word 'education' gingerly) which meant I was influenced by her superstitious comprehensions and that made me susceptible to exploitation.

When I made friends with a Jehovah's Witness, I was like the Titanic en route to a rendezvous with an iceberg. I did know what hit me, but I couldn't seem to turn away in time to avoid a collision.

Everything I learned from the WatchTower mentality was intellectual rather than emotional. Jehovah had a corporate mentality. I was an employee with a future in sales. I had quotas.
    I had chosen a SIDE in a great battle, too. Like it or not, I was on the Good side of Good vs. Evil.

Okay. Yippee for me.

Then, I found myself inside Federal Prison and my consciousness was damaged and my mental health collapsed. I didn't even know it had happened!

Several years of effort produced negative results and I left the JW's for a career in Art, but I had that Jehovah boot mark on my ass and an Organization-sized hole in my heart.

What to do?

The last 50 years have been detective work searching the scene of the crime. I was murdered and I wanted to know who dunnit and what the motive was.
    I now know.
    I was lured to a place of sacrifice.
    My trusted 'Father' bound me on an altar and I saw the knife go up and come down inside.

I've put together a pretty good case on why the murder occurred.
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time and fell in with bad company. All those JW's were very bad company.

Now, I spend my final days of life (I'm almost 70) putting the clues together about what happened before the gleaming forceps grabbed my mooshy skull and yanked me into the fresh, cold air.

A couple of thousand years of superstitious people had set me up before I was even conceived! The game is rigged. There are no winners--only losers.
    Had I been born into a mainstream religious household, people who went to church and taught 'values' and self-respect--I would not have succumbed to JW propaganda and my life would be entirely different.

So, all you folks must suffer through my musings now, for what they may be worth.
    I'll die.

You'll die.
    More folks will show up.
    The game will change and so will opinions--but--the nonsense will never end.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit