My Witness Experience

by Paradise Found 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• Paradise Found
    Paradise Found

Iam grateful for my witness experience. For the personal development the experience has given me.I belive the experience has made me a better man not a lesser man.

Admittadly any positivnes that has come out of the negative is at great cost. That I have been more angry than sad.That I have been unable to educate and warn those indoctrinated in this lie.(Particularly those I considerd open minded friends)

Now Iam happy to close the door on the past. There is know looking back. There is nothing there.NOTHING. The veil has been removed from my eyes with information on the net, and the responsibility of 2 studies.

During those studies I realised how dishonest it was to bring people into the org on only current truth. Anyway to cut a long story short IAM FREE those STUDIES are FREE and my close circle of 8 friends is made up of my non witness wife, those I met through the door to door and 1 ex-witness.

And the way I look at it is those 8 people made the whole thing worthwhile. Of course theres a story or two along the way but those stories can wait to another day.

I would be interested in those stories of any friendships made from the door to door and what the householder thought to your changing belifes..

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    I would be interested in those stories of any friendships made from the door to door and what the householder thought to your changing belifes..

I have none of those stories .......But your story sounds really cool! Tell us more!!

And welcome to the board!

-LisaBObeesa

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

PF, you can find countless "exodus" experiences in the past posts of different members....we're waiting to hear yours, cher....my bio is at:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/56791/1.ashx

Frannie B

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Welcome to the board Paradise Found.

I'm glad you can see some positive to you JW experience. There seems to be a lot of negative here, but that's just poeple being theraputic about what they have loss and indeed we all have to grieve in one way or another.

Looking forward to some more stories.

j2bf

• unique1
    unique1

WELCOME!!!

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

My experience as a JW has taught me many things:

No individual or group, has total truth.

Maps change, and I don't get stuck in a wrong path anymore, because I have learned re-evaluate the map.

People are capable of just about anything, if they can be convinced it "pleases" God.

There's always an agenda.

The outward "sins" are easy to control (cursing, drinking, smoking, etc.). Its the inner sins (jealousy, lust, greed, envy, anger, etc.) that aren't so easily observed by others, that are the of more dangerous type.

Some people must be told what to believe.

Questioning is a good thing.

Even very smart people can be fooled and decieved.

God will not be 'boxed' into a belief system.

Fanatics wear their false ideologies like badges of honor.

To be tolerant of other's views.

People tend to choose what "fits", other than what is true.

God is not waiting to "pounce" on the sinner. His love and patience seems to know no bounds.

No one or group can ever (successfully) threaten me again with expulsion. I've been through the fire, and I am no longer afraid. I have God, and I have me, and that's all I need to continue on.

• Been there
    Been there

Welcome PF & S L thanks for your posts. Hang around awhile and tell us more

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

Thank you, I plan on sticking around. Its been a while since I enjoyed talking with others about the JW experience.

Steve

• blondie
    blondie

Welcome again, PF.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit