5 years since I attended a kingdom hall meeting, feels so good!

by Joliette 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Joliette
    Joliette

Well, I'm 25% there, but I can't put in words how good I feel!!!!!!!!! Once I move to a different city I'll have this travesty of a religion out of my system, I'll be at 100%. Two more years, I'm 33 years old and more excited then ever. I have good things to look forward to and I will accomplish great things in my life.

I still stay five mins away from the kingdom hall that I used to go to, so I still see a lot of witnesses that I used to go the kingdom hall with, I never got baptized, and I hadn't been out in field service since like 2004. So leaving wasn't that difficult for me, its just the mind control that keep you there longer then anything. I never wanted to get married to ANYONE at the kingdom hall. I always was afraid I would be entrapped in a J dub marriage. That was my worse fear: To be in a J dub marriage. But I'm happy to be out. I can't hardly put in words :)

• freddo
    freddo

Why do you "only" rate yourself as 25% out and needing another two years for 100%? Given you were never baptised and haven't been in service since 2004 I mean?

As for the mind control, with me that part of me is 100% mentally out. It's only disentangling family and the hope of freeing them and others that keeps me (bodily) there.

• macys
    macys

You go girl! Some people can do it fast some people need time. Do what is best for U!

• Joliette
    Joliette

@ freddo, not 100%. Cause I still see a lot of witnesses thanks to my job and the area that I stay in Milwaukee.

@ macys, thank you. I can't put in words how good I felt when I stopped attending meetings.

• Peony
    Peony
    Well done, I love not being a witness.....you can think for yourself, make your own choices and have genuine friends. Everything we were told about Worldly people was not true, I have amazing friends who don't judge. I'm so happy that you find yourself in a happy position.....life is wonderful, enjoy it x
  • ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    Wait until you reach the 30+ plus mark of never going to the meetings like I have, won't even give them a second thought!
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    Relax, the religion you were a part of is gone, its now a dancing, rock show, internet scam instead of the scam we knew. Fly away free little bird.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit