Have you done anything like this ?

by smiddy3 9 Replies latest social humour

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Many,many years ago I went into a florist shop and ordered a wreath and a Sympathy card to be delivered to my home .The sales lady looked at me and saw that I wasn`t very old and offered her condolences to me .

I apologised to her and said Oh no ,nobody`s died ,it`s just that my wife has been going off lately about her turning fourty ,so I thought I would commiserate with her by doing this.

On the other hand when I turned fourty I went out and bought myself a pair of Ice Skates .

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

out of interest--is 40 spelt fourty in Oz? its forty in the UK

is it spelt--or spelled ?

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

We covered my brothers's house with balloons and streamers whilst he was away. A good prank I thought. He however was less than impressed.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Picky eh! Stan.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Give me a break stan I`m old and decrepit ,or did I spell that wrong ?

Good one SF , surely their must be more ? OK early days yet.

I`m always getting picked up on their and there and no doubt I will continue to stuff that up .

I`m an old dog that can`t be taught new tricks.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

no--not picking on you Smid--just interested in how 40 is spelled /spelt down under.

i think your even younger than i am.

• millie210
    millie210

Here in the U.S.there are cards and balloons and such that say "Lordy Lordy Look Whos Forty" and similar such sayings.

Not as creative and spontaneous as your approach but similar I guess

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

We got a friend of mine a wheelchair

• RandomUserName3500
    RandomUserName3500

When my sister got married I got her a congratulations on the baby card

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Thanks for your comments guys however it seems being a JW in a doomsday cult put a dampner on people on how to lighten up ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit