The Great Pyramid and the Flood of Noah

by TerryWalstrom 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    • This will enable the scientists to measure particularly the carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide in the interior air, compare them with present levels, and perhaps throw some light on the question of whether the earth is really warming up as is believed by some scientists.
      Scientists are waiting for this to find out if the earth is really warming? my my....
  • sir82
    sir82

Scientists are waiting for this to find out if the earth is really warming? my my....

The quoted snippet is from 1986. The consensus hadn't been built yet.

• kepler
    kepler

By the way, dug around a little more.

The kmt supposed means "black earth" or "black soil" as opposed to the red earth or soil of the desert.

From the standpoint of Ancient Egyptian, Egypt is on a river and it is the Nile.

That Egypt is Misra in Arabic is likely a boomerang effect of the succession of scriptures, links between

Hebrew and Arabic holy writ.

• waton
    waton

from the humour section:

The Pyramids were actually build during, coinciding with the great flood ( aprox. 2700 BC.) Stone weights 1/3 less in water, requires only little floatation assistance. the big stones were lifted, floated into place as the waters rose and fell. Great timing was required, an art that is totally lost on wt. latter day myth builders.

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

I remember as A JW going to see a documentary made by somebody who claimed to have found Noah's Ark inside the U.S.S.R.
    Funny how that mindset rushed back in and made itself at home inside my head for a few seconds.

That tells me, all Watchtower beliefs and thoughts scurry into crevices and interstices insidiously cowering in darkness just waiting for the slightest beckon.

CREEPY!

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

The dinosaur was in the early versions of My Book of Bible Stories and was omitted in later editions.

Since the Watchtower Society believes that mankind has only been on the earth around 6,000 years or so, I'm surprised they didn't omit the Woolly Mammoths from the illustration as well because (except for a small group of them that lived in the arctic until 4,000 years ago) I think the rest died out somewhere between 10,000 and 11,000 years ago. Then again, they also believe the arctic didn't exist before the flood so why the need for the woolly coat.

As long as they continue to teach that the flood was a literal event, I'll know they aren't the true religion.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Notice how they the cult doesn't talk about the flood in detail anymore, they admitted the earth could be older then they thought back in 2013 and again don't talk about it anymore. This cult is only using about 10 percent of the Bible now to push their doctrine. The rest of the book just causes them problems.

One other thought, ice core samples from the South Pole and Greenland prove no Noah's flood event happened not for at least the last 800,000 years.

• venus
    venus

GREAT THREAD.

Philosophically too, God cannot act the way He supposedly did--causing more trouble to Noah's and his family than the world that is supposedly destroyed in a matter of minutes. But think of the hardship of Noah building such a huge ark to save rest of the lives.

All-wise God would definitely have better option than this.

• kepler
    kepler

It occurs to me that the next time the doorbell rings at the press of a couple of JWs, I should have a couple of

Bible verses on hand to discuss the doctrine of inerrancy:

But first I will ask if they believe that the Earth revolves around the sun.

If, yes, I will point out the following citations:

Psalm 93:1

Psalm 96:10

1 Chronicles 16:30

which include text stating that "the world is firmly established, it cannot be moved."

In the same manner,Psalm 104:5 says, "the Lord set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved." Further, Ecclesiastes1:5 states that "And the sun rises and sets and returns to its place."

And did I mention Joshua? Joshua cites another book which is lost to us that the Sun was stopped in its

track ABOUT the Earth.

It is not argued by evangelists and fundamentalists that the Old Testament is further divided by Judaism into

Law, Prophets and Writings. And that Writings such as Psalms, Chronicles and Ecclesiastes have lower

hierarchy in terms of belief than do the Law (Genesis) or Prophets. It is argued that every iota of what is written has to be taken as literal.

Well, here is another instance - for which Galileo was forced to retract his stated beliefs because...

The 17th century Protestant theologians thought they were off the hook. Really?

• TD
    TD

Good thread, Terry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit