What did Russell and the Bible students say about racism?

by Fadeaway1962 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Featured on jworg , what does the Bible say about Racism?

And a video , johny and Gideon: once enemies, now brothers , two men from south Africa.

What did Russell and Rutherford have to say about Racism in the congregations ?

• phoenixrising
    phoenixrising

I know Rutherford put out a ramble on how blacks love to be servants.

• Atlantis
  • Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Many thanks , enlightening read

That a black persons skin will change white in god's new world and then criticize others for their stand on racism ,but as usual not mention there own comments on the subject.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Fadeaway1962:

Your welcome!

Petra!

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

The WT was definitely a late follower in civil rights in the US and elsewhere. Congregations in the South were segregated until the '70's in some cases. And the apartheid segregation in South Africa persisted much later than that.

• minimus
    minimus

When you question today’s JWs on this they chuckle and say that was the dominant attitude at the time but of course we know better now.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Since it was a white man's religion of the late 19th century from the U.S. it was very racist. Such as I believe they said in the new system black people will become white. Still Totally ADD

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They never seek the truth. They seek political correctness, instead. And it is political correctness that is going to allow the Establishment to make greys out of us, without resistance. Back then, they believed that blacks were scum and entitled to nothing more than slavery (not being left alone in their own continent). Now, they believe that whites are scum for their past (similar to Genesis account on original sin), and that white people need to be eliminated. Neither is factual correctness, but it is political correctness that counts.

As I noted before about black people cannot change their race by voting against Biden for incompetence, they cannot be made white with their religion. Even someone like Michael Jackson, who was racially black from birth to death despite his skin lightening, cannot change races. Even albino blacks, who have extremely white skin, hair, and eye color due to their albinism, are still in the black race. There is simply no way that joke-hova is going to change that. And, for that matter, white people cannot become brown or black simply by "identifying" with another race. Tough for you, Lizard Warren for trying to be brown simply by claiming to be a Native American (or, whatever the politically correct term is at the moment).

And why is such necessary? Political correctness, that's why. It is politically incorrect to accept whites these days, just as it was to accept blacks back in the early 20th century. A pure black society uncorrupted by these stupid religions and plunder missions is not the thug culture, and a pure white culture not ruined by the church is not a "jesus saves" political correct mess. Political correctness, not the original race, is what is really something to be ashamed of.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

And Jehovah / Jesus ,supposedly appointed the International Bible Students Association , I.B.S.A. as the only religious organization that was preaching the truth at the time in 1919 ?

And nothing the I.B.S.A. taught in those days is taught by jehovah`s witnesses today as being current "Truth".

And not the Jehovah`s Witness religion I might add that didn`t even exist at that time .

And of course Jehovah`s Witnesses are adept at playing semantics ,claiming even Old Testament faithfull men of old were Jehovah`s Witnesses going right back to Abel.

Which is absurd .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit