How has 2017 treated you so far?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 7 Replies latest jw friends

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

I can't wait till 2017 comes to an end. Here are s few things that have happened to my family and I:

My Jehovah's Witnesses mom died in the beginning of the year. She was anemic and refused taking blood. I was not happy with her decisions but she was an adult and chose that route. I told her Doctor that she was so convinced of her faith that nothing would change her mind.

My father was thrown out of the house due to making death threats against my mom while they lived together. Haven't seen him for over a year. He blames my brother and I for throwing him out of the house. He now lives with a close family member.

My roof on my house was damaged from rain/wind storms. My insurance refuses to pay for full roof replacement. Been fighting insurance back and forth for 3 months.

Have herniated disc problems. I am self employed/one man crew landscaper. Have no choice but to work and suffer pain.

Had my gallbladder removed and a hernia repair a month ago. Closed my business for 3 weeks with no income and customers dropping my service because they have no loyalty to anyone. Thankfully, my wife works and have her income to pay the bills.

I owe my brother funeral expenses. He paid for wake/funeral and burial. I don't know when I will pay him. Good thing is that he is not bothering me for the money.

HOW HAS YOUR 2017 BEEN?

• just fine
    just fine

Oh- sorry you've had a rough time this year. I hope it gets better for you. My 2017 has been good mostly, lots of travel for work, some stressful work things going on.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Oh wow...you have had a rough year. I hope 2018 gets better for you.

We are doing well. No more WT! Yay! Working hard to try and make up for years of not setting ourselves up for retirement. Kids are getting educated and we a preparing them...to fly! They are on their way! Life is good. Our names weren't in the obituaries this morning, so I guess all is good. Lol

• Jules Saturn
    Jules Saturn

I'm so sorry about everything you've been through this year, it sounds very tough. I wish you nothing but strength in this time. I hope the rest of your 2017 is better.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Moved into our own home with no mortgage. One month later I had a very bad fall at work. I am on temp. disability and will have surgery on my back on Sept. 5. Was told if it all works out I will be able to go back to work in January. I have a great vegetable garden this year. Eating a lot of food from it. A good friend of mine died of Alzheimer last month. He was one of my first friends I made after leaving the cult six years ago. My wife is now working at the humane society and loves it. We are still very much in love with each other going on 44 years this coming March. To top it off we had a great garlic crop this year. Also we was able to get rid of our two old high mileage cars and was able to buy a very low milage van. So far I feel we have had more ups than downs. Greatest thing is we are still cult free. Still Totally ADD

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

HOW HAS YOUR 2017 BEEN?

Certainly better than yours so far. I'm sorry you are having a rough time. Your 2017 sounds a lot like my 2016. I lost my mother, had to deal with a whole lot of nonsense around it, had a lot of very demanding projects at work that required traveling to places I didn't want to go to, had to be away from my family for a long time, and spent three months with a kidney stone stuck in my dick.

This year has been much better for me, other than having to deal with the vulgar pig that we call president of USA, and the consequences of having him as such.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Sorry your 2017 has been so crappy.

Its been a good year for us in general. On the positive side business is booming, I have lost 22kg in weight, and am now fitter than I have ever been before. My kids are doing well in school / college and the 42 years I spent as a JW are so far in the rear view mirror they are barely noticeable any more.

On the negative side, my wife's diabetes is taking a toll on her eyesight....but at least we are in the UK so we don't have massive medical bills to pay.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Sorry to hear about all your troubles this year R&R. Sometimes when it rains, it pours and It can make it tough to get through the daily grind. My 2015 was bad but nowhere near what you've been through. I'm very sorry for that.

2017 started rocky but has been looking up. The wife and I got preg in January with twins and although we lost one, the other is doing well. She is one month old as of yesterday and is gestationaly, 31 weeks old.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit