Jehovah's Witnesses Crime Against Grammar

by Simon 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I always felt that the (unofficial) insistence on using the phrase "I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses" - as opposed to "I am a Jehovah's Witness" - seemed, I dunno, pretentious somehow.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Hovis biscuit, where I grew up.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

They're Joeys around here.

• carla
    carla

I think the problem is that jw's do indeed see themselves as witness of jehovah, they see it as a calling or give great meaning to being one of the few who are 'privileged' to supposedly give witness about or to God. They say the phrase 'I am one of...." with much reverence and all seriousness. The few times I have heard a jw say the phrase you would think by just saying the phrase to a non jw it will somehow shower down blessings on them or something.

To the rest of the world? you are 'a jehovah's witness' just like someone is 'a Baptist', 'a Catholic' and so on. I shall refrain from what people really call them and leave that to the comedians!

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Remember when saying you were a JW would get you chastised for being disrespectful because you were taking God's "name" out of the phrase? Now it's JW this, and JW that from the top down like there is no tomorrow.

• baker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit