SCRIPTURE TO READ TO JWs

by somebody 11 Replies latest jw friends

• somebody
    somebody

Two JWs came to my door recently. I asked one of them to read Ecclesiastes 9:5 for me. I then asked them if all living JWs are knowing or believing or are conscious that THEY WILL DIE. Neither one of them would answer but hurriedly told me about the dead. I again asked them to read the scripture over and asked the same question. Neither one would answer the question but tried to talk about the dead again! Hmmmm.

(Ecclesiastes 9:5 NWT) 5 For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten.

Bolding mine. Just food for thought. :-)

peace,

somebody/gwen

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

How about the scripture(s) where Jesus stated and abmonished his true follwers to not make a time (calculate) upon gods own sacred time ? (1914)

• somebody
    somebody

Finkelstein, what scripture is that? I like to read it and ask any JWs about that one the next time they happen to come to my door!

peace,

somebody/gwen

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

My plan for if I'm ever called upon by JWs is to ask if they believe that Jesus has returned, and if they believe the end to be near. Then I'll have them read Luke 21:8 and say "well it sounds to me that Jesus himself commanded me not to follow you"

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, jws should be conscious that they could die

1. Die before Armageddon, old age, illness, unforeseen circumstances

2. Die during Armageddon but not by God's hand (resurrection possible)

3. WTS does not teach once saved always saved, they could sin and be in a state worthy of execution when Armageddon comes

That's what I understood as a jw growing up...jws today are dolts, and can only repeat what others have said.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Just whip out John chapter 3 and ask them how they think thier going to ever see the kingdom when Jesus says only those born again will? Then read 15 where he says that every one that believes in him has life and ask them why they call Jesus a liar because they teach that only jws will have life?

Then if they still wish to proceed ask them if they believe the writer of second Timothy was inspired , when they say yes turn to 1timothy 2 starting in verse 5 where it says Jesus was the mediator for all mankind and the read on to show he was the ransom for all as well. Then ask , since your leaders say Jesus is only the mediator and ransomed for just them but the bible says all mankind , they must be liars again right?

• prologos
    prologos
    sb: "Finkelstein, what scripture is that?

Acts 1:7. "--The father has put time in his own jurisdiction--", even Einstein was not to sure about time. Time is the latter day forbidden fruit, you touch it at your own risk.

Of course, Jesus was talking then to the not-yet anointed apostles, who in turn never were the Faithful & Discrete Slave, they lived before 1919, so, Jesus' words don't apply to the present 7, oracles --right?

• jws
    jws

I wonder if these JWs were even considering your question. Or if all they could think was their talking point. Once they have to go off script, they're confused.

• George One Time
    George One Time
    sorry, double post
  • George One Time
    George One Time

As a child I was shocked when someone at the door stated that the sun will die eventually. I said to myself: if this is true, we must be wrong about eternal life on earth.

Later I learned that stars do indeed die and that even the Bible says so:

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2011489

Scientists have since observed that stars may die violently in such explosions or burn out slowly or even collapse on themselves.

In the 19th century, scientist William Thomson, also known as Lord Kelvin, discovered the second law of thermodynamics, which explains why, over time, natural systems tend to decay and break down. One factor that inspired him to reach this conclusion was a careful study of Psalm 102:25-27.

So if stars die, so does our sun. No sun, no earth and no eternal life on earth. Now I understand why we always quote Psalm 104:5 and hardly ever Psalm 102:25-27.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit