Can some one please explain Deuteronomy 23:12-13

by Jayk 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I guess god wasn't aware of the barrel toilets..Serving in Vietnam our base camp 30-50 thousand men, our toilets the old 30 gallon barrel. It served it purpose but the guy who had to duty to burn the waste each day, holy crap. A funny story, Christmas 1967 the Bob Hope show. It wasn't safe for the Bob Hope show in our area (1st CAV) so we flew to a Air force base to see his show, when we landed we couldn't believe they had paved streets and flushable toilets. The guys stood there just flushing the toilets and watching the water drain. My point, that was one year with that type of toilet arrangement. I know they didn't have flushable toilets back then , but to dig holes in the desert and do your business with a few thousand folks near by and they are doing the same and for 40 years. no way...Veterans if any here , welcome home.....

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Not sure what there is to miss. It basically tells you to take your shit and bury it outside the camp. The fact that sewage carried disease was relatively well known by that time but the comment about keeping the peg as part of your equipment or washing hands once per day shows that they didn't even have the "latest" information of the era or any clue about waste management.

Given healing and disease was still largely a religious thing, managed primarily by priests and with quite random outcomes (see also the Skinner pigeon experiment), it made sense to keep it with your religious writings but in that part of the world, non-Jahwehians were managing sewage systems while they were digging holes in the desert with a re-usable peg.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

I think technically it can be summed up as - "don't shit where you eat."

Shows how advanced they were by doGs direction:)

• Jayk
    Jayk
    James mixon I have a friend who is first generation Vietnamese. His little brother started screwing off so his mom shipped him back to Vietnam for 2 years to live without electricity or Plumbing. Ironically enough when my friends mom moved here so her boys would have a better life. They got a baby sitter who was a JW and she was crazy from what my friend tells me. But he was raised a witness also because the baby sitter would bring him and his brothers to meetings. I could only imagine the state of Vietnam during the war if my buddys brother was only shipped back a few years ago.
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

You should have seen the look of astonishment on the faces of bb hillbillies when they first came and saw outhouses indoors : "Is it sanitary?!"

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Israelites departing from their encampment after a few years, remember they were instructed to set up camp in the wilderness on four sides. So the day comes when it's time to pull up tents and go for a walk. (Moses): Friends when you leave watch your step, there's a lot of sh--t out there. So everyone head north west and stay within the markers and cover your mouth , it may smell. And please watch your kids, the last encampment some of the kids wondered out in the no zone and became ill..Also our next stop we will only use cow and sheep dung for cooking no more human dung, and when you go out to relieve yourself please please dig down 3-4 feet and cover your crap the flies were terrible in our last camp. The whole story is funny as hell, God does have a sense of humor...

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

The lord sayeth, “don’t shit where you eat”.

• VW.org
    VW.org

No toilet paper. Use the finger. No handwash. Who cares? I'll go prepare some food for the family now.

• Jayk
    Jayk

I was wondering about the toilet paper issue was. Originally I thought that might be what the peg is also used for..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit