Interview with Jehovah's witnesses

by John Doe64 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• John Doe64
    John Doe64

Hello I am John a student of naperville north high school. In a comparative religion project we have to research a branch of christianity mine being Jehovah's witness and do an interview so this is out to all Jehovah's witnesses or former Jehovah's witnesses.

What do you enjoy about being Jehovah's witness and what do you enjoy the least?

What is communion like for Jehovah's witnesses?

What is your important belief as a Jehovah's witness?

How has being a Jehovah's witness affected your life?

What are your stances on homosexuality, abortion, and divorce?

• cofty
    cofty

Hi JD64

I was raised as a JW there was absolutely nothing positive about the experience.

No birthday, no christmas, no school sports at weekends, being made to go door-to-door selling Watchtower magazines hoping you wouldn't knock on the door of anybody you knew from school. Being made to sit through hours and hours of boring meetings every week and scolded for moving or talking.

Important beliefs - That god will destroy 99.9% of humans any minute now to make way for a paradise populated by JWs

Lets review - Its a cult

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Hi John.

I was born in JW. Man, do I ever with I was not born into this.

My family and I exited the cult 3 years ago. Best decision we EVER made.

Once they are done "loving you", they will eat you up and spit you out. The most abusive experience of my entire life.

Anyone contemplating becoming a JW....RUN LIKE HELL!!!!

• cofty
    cofty
    See JWFacts.com for extensive resources on the beleifs and practices of the JW religion
  • JWchange
    JWchange

Hi John

very useful website for your research is http://jwfacts.com/.

The main problem is once you get in, you can't leave easily without being shunned for life by friends and family. some answers below in [ ]

What is communion like for Jehovah's witnesses? [once a year on the memorial of Jesus death, but only certain ones allowed to take part. It is called 'The Memorial'.]

What is your important belief as a Jehovah's witness? [That they are not The true religion. There are many JWs on this forum who cannot leave for reasons above]

How has being a Jehovah's witness affected your life? [It destroyed it]

What are your stances on homosexuality, abortion, and divorce? [JW stance is No, No and Maybe. Divorce OK if spouse commits adultery, however not OK if spouse beats you up on a daily basis and verbally abuses you. My stance is be good to others, everything else is a technicality]

• blondie
    blondie
    I suggest you read some of the comments aleady made on here before people try and do your schoolwork for you...
  • John Doe64
    John Doe64
    I already have the research finished and part of the project is an interview and I'm completing the interview part. @blondie
  • cofty
    cofty
    So how does the feedback you have had so far from people who know the religion from the inside compare with your research?
  • John Doe64
    John Doe64
    I've heard about cultish behaviour but I am also hoping to get someone who looks at jw favorably to reply also.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Hi JD.

This is a bit of a shameless advert but my book has interviews with JWs.

Millions Now Living by Paul G Jackson.

Many of the interviews are wonderful people from this very forum.

Available on Amazon as Paperback and Kindle. I hope it's reasonably priced.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit