The Sin Jehovah`s Witnesses Are Guilty Of.?

by smiddy3 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Are Jehovah`s Witnesses guilty of committing the unforgivable sin ?

“I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel—not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.” (Galatians 1:6-9)

The New Testament preaches about Jesus and his kingdom ,the Kingdom of Jesus Christ.

The Jehovah`s Witnesses preach about another Kingdom one that is not even mentioned in the New Testament ,and what is that ?

"The Watchtower announcing Jehovah`s Kingdom "

Are Jehovah`s Witnesses to be accursed ?

They do claim to be a Bible based Christian Religion , are they really ?

• waton
    waton
    "The Watchtower announcing Jehovah`s Kingdom "

S: preaching the kingdom of 1914. An intermediate arrangement between the "kingdom of the son's love" in colossians, and the 1000 year "kingdom come". also

ignoring the " lord's command " in 1 Cor. 14.

teaching that the last generation in Mat. 24, will end before the end.

teaching that there are only 144 000 members in hw 12 tribes.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    The New Testament preaches about Jesus and his kingdom ,the Kingdom of Jesus Christ.

Partly true (13% of the time) . 87% of the time the "good news" or gospel is characterized differently. The first few words in the scripture you cited captures the essence of the gospel message: .

“I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ..."

Below is an accounting of all the instances of "gospel" in the NT:

New Testament occurrences of the term: "Gospel of _______ "

Gospel of Jesus Christ (or Christ ) – 12 times

Gospel of God – 7 times

Gospel of the kingdom – 4 times

Gospel of peace – 2 times

Gospel of the grace of God – 1 time

Gospel of your salvation – 1 time

Gospel of the uncircumcision – 1 time

Gospel of the circumcision – 1 time

Gospel of his Son – 1 time

I wonder why the WT never ran an article titled: "The Good News of Jesus Christ"? Or, imagine them writing an article titled: The Good News of Your Salvation"

The reason that the gospel message is about the "grace of Christ" as stated in the verse you cited is because Christ ALONE offers, through no merit of our own, total escape from condemnation. And that is why his name is "above EVERY NAME" .... including the name of Jehovah; so that he might have the preeminence or most prominent place in people's characterization of God.

1. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. - Col. 1: 18

2. Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am. - John 13: 13

3. And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. - Mt. 28: 18

No more dealing with a God you can't see. That's the Good News.

• Biahi
    Biahi

The new “silver sword” will be re-written at Mt 28:18. “All authority in heaven and earth has been given to the Governing Body. “ Lol.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Jesus talked about the good news of the heavenly kingdom. The apostle Paul and the Christians preached about the good news of the Christ. And of the reconciliation thru the Christ. By this provision we have the opportunity to be ressurected into the kingdom of the heavens.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I guess you would have to believe that Paul was legit in order to believe his writings, and therefore believe the “unforgivable sin” exists.

DD

• Ding
    Ding

JWs certainly preach a different gospel than the one Paul preached.

That's not an unforgivable sin in that there is still time for them to wake up and correct course.

• waton
    waton
    That's not an unforgivable sin in that there is still time for them to wake up and correct course.D:

inevitably though, each correction, tacking, has seen them, wt writers, getting mired deeper & deeper into their doctrinal morass. to witness:

the generation in the 1914 kingdom debacle. from it expiring

1) 'millions now living will never die'.(there will not be > 2 million Armageddon survivors that were alive in 1918!!) that is >2 million faithful, baptized > 106 year old publishers. to

2) turning to the overlap of gheezer groups, ending in 2075 to

3) the anointed generation that will die before Armageddon, (when Jesus said they will not pass away until after all is ended)

P.S 1 & 2, impossibilities, false prophecies,

3, tacking against the wind, "Pneuma", the HS.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" I guess you would have to believe that Paul was legit in order to believe his writings, and therefore believe the “unforgivable sin” exists "

And you would have to believe he was legit to accept HIS version of the G.N as being the definitive one. He introduces elements to his version of the "Gospel" that we do not find in the purported words of Jesus. But , Paul wrote before any of the 4 Gospels were written, and we have no huge dispute with what he says, even in Acts, where he meets with the Church in Jerusalem, including James.

So I guess it is legit for Christians to accept the writings of Paul. For me he is the Founder of what we call Christianity today, it is his Theology that dominates the thinking of all the Christian sects. Whether this accords with the actual teaching of Jesus we will never know, we do not have any reliable record, that we can be in any way sure of, of what Jesus actually said !

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Phizzy ,and that`s what truly amazes me is that Jesus, supposedly being who the world claims he is, never wrote down a single word ?

And the Bible claims that if everything Jesus talked about would fill volumes ? how come nothing he ever said, he didn`t write about ?

Jehovah GOD did not see fit to record Jesus own words from his own pen ? For future generations

If what he said was so important for future generations ,why did he not record it ?

Moses supposedly wrote 5 books ? The greater Moses wrote nothing ?

All we hear about Jesus and his sayings are from 2nd ,3rd, and 4th hand me downs.

Who very well may have had their own agendas for writing what they did.

Pretty poor if you ask me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit