An old memory...

by Biahi 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• Biahi
    Biahi

When I was newly divorced,still attending meetings, some of the younger married sisters got friendly with me. We went out (to bars) after the meeting, we hung out, etc. Then one “ friend” asked me for a favor. She had a photography job to do on a Friday night, and it would leave her husband home alone. She asked if I could take her husband out with me with my work friends, to a disco, show him a good time, etc. I did. He got pretty trashed, but I drove and got him home safely. The next day, she asked me if I had sex with her husband. I DIDNT and told her so. She seemed disappointed somehow, I didn’t know why. It later came out SHE was having an affair with a single brother at the hall. She actually wanted to THROW ME UNDER THE BUS, and get a ‘scriptural divorce’ all the while SHE was having the affair. I was blameless that time. Some friend, huh?

• zeb
    zeb

This is a display of gross emotional immaturity and you could have been caught up in it. Avoid her like the plague!

Young witnesses in my experience are at least two years behind in their social immaturity and the wt legalistic thinking then authors such ideas.

Perhaps if she had shown him a ...'good time'.. a bit more often she would not have sort to lay in the grass over the fence..

• Biahi
    Biahi

At the time, I was 23, she was 33 and had young teens!

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

My husband when he was 13 years old lost his virginity to his JW babysitter who was in her 30's at the time.

• zeb
    zeb

13..Good grief.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

13..Good grief. babysitter!

RB

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Tameria2001,

Can I ask please about your husband, was he emotionally scarred or suffer any hang ups over this or did he just take it in his stride and carry on?

RB

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    biahi - She actually wanted to THROW ME UNDER THE BUS, and get a ‘scriptural divorce’

They used to call that 'scheming(tm)' in the old days of joboism (1980s). There were plenty that did it. Married other people and carried on in good standing.

It shows the vile nature in this aspect of the cult.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

resolute Bandicoot,

I asked him if this ever bothered him, and he told me no. Yet, on the other hand, there were things he told me about that made me wonder if it did play a part. As a teen, he became very sexually active and also developed a drug addiction. Eventually, he did go into rehab when his best friend died from a heroin OD. It was his grandmother who helped him with that, and his parents still don't know about that even to this day. He's been clean for 35 years, although there were a couple of times that he did come close to slipping. It was before we had left the Watchtower, and his JW parents and brother were being total pricks to him.

• sir82
    sir82

Well, it sounds like she followed the WT's advice - she read the account of how David tried to cover over his affair with Bath-Sheba by having her husband sleep with her while on furlough, so her pregnancy (by David) could be explained.

She must have meditated deeply on that scriptural account and tried to apply it in her own life.

"Listen, obey, and be blessed."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit