Judicial Committees should have an option to be public

by EndofMysteries 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Thinking back to how they went from votes by the congregation under Russels time to private closed doors in Rutherfords time so as to not waste time, etc, of other members. If it really wasn't to hide things from the org, it would have an option for the person it's against to have it open to the public. A time announced for any members or the person to bring any they want to attend. But the borg wouldn't want the members hearing the defenses for not bowing to the GB.

• Listener
    Listener

They would also get to see how many are repentant but get df'd anyway.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The only scriptural procedure is to have a hearing before the Congregation.

The Borg resists this entirely, and tries not to allow any recording, or transcript, or for the accused to have any representation.

Kangaroo Courts and Star Chamber Hearings seem to be the pattern that they model their J.C's on.

Justice, or truth, has nothing to do with their system.

And Christian Love they have never heard of it seems.

• Sevan
    Sevan

Hmmm, could a system that is conducted entirely in secret and in which the same men are investigator, prosecutor, judge and executor be primed for abuse? Hmmm ....

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

@Sevan perfect statement my friend.

Bottom line in the 1st Century it is clear this sort of thing was held at the city gate in public so that the judges were prone to fairness.

The governing body is in no way following the scriptures as it comes to judging, like zero chance.

..btw how many ppl did Jesus disfellowship? If this was so critical why don't we have an example of him disfellowshipping someone??????

• supernerdboy
    supernerdboy

"Judicial committees should".

The JW cult SHOULD do a lot of things differently but if they did that, they would no longer be a cult. :-P

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

If average members of a cong saw the inappropriate conduct of the judicial committee procedure, there would be an outcry!

Sadly, most who even attend a JC still have the warped view that the elders and society have some sort of right or control in their lives. Therefore, they are victims of the whole procedure.

When will people see the blatant inappropriate nature of such activities, and stop succumbing to them?

The only power they have over you, is that which you allow.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

Among the many flaws judicial committees have is the resultant damage done by gossip etc as to why a person was df. In my own case, I was found guilty of 'brazen conduct'...because I refused to acknowledge that it was wrong ( in their eyes at least ) to repay a kindness done to my disabled wife (now deceased) by taking a carer out for a thank you meal. They refused to accept that a man can be friends with a woman without taking things further. Crazy. I have many plutonic friendships and have never taken things further even if the opportunity presented itself. It is the elders who are guilty of seeing people as unable to have either self control or show kindness without strings.. At the jc I defended my actions ( to defend oneself always sets you up for a guilty verdict, I've since realised ) by using scripture and the 'do unto others as you would have them do to you' etc etc..but to no avail. In the 4 years since I've learned that rumours spread that the carer concerned was expecting my baby (!) and that I'm now an apostate etc etc. No truth in either rumour, but because I have no contact with the rest of my ex cong I cannot correct such lies. Therein lies the injustice. The elders are able to exercise control over facts and reason for their actions. I however have no means of setting out facts. A public hearing would have proved enlightening and would have enabled input from others.

• Tallon
    Tallon

@ Westiebilly11 ... What a travesty of justice. Don't worry; 'they will receive their reward in full'.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

They brag so often about the concept that their elder's book has nothing that is not already written in a watchtower somewhere, I would act surprised, puzzled, and ask how come they are imposing rules that I had never heard of before.

Not once, even before I was baptized, have I heard of such procedures. I'd ask for them to point to some publication that would explained how JCs are entirely closed with absolutely no observers or recordings allowed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit