Jehovah’s Witnesses

by Iamallcool 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Do Jehovah’s Witnesses take advantage of people in their low points in life? Do you know of some good examples?

• St George of England
    St George of England

Yes. I knew a brother who used to visit the local cemetery and would witness to people who were tending graves, putting flowers there etc. He always had "relevant" literature such resurrection, life after death etc. Just what people need at a time like that. Or not!

George

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

VERY LITTLE in the way of new recruits actually comes from "the territory", but what does is due to finding people who are suffering from dealing with death, divorce, job loss, etc. Yes, they get them while they're "down".

• oppostate
    oppostate

Here the pioneers get together on Zoom and share letters rhey are sending to people whose name are in the obituaries as family or friend of a dceased person.

• Overrated
    Overrated

Back in 2000' when my father in-law passed away they where at my door every other weekend. But I would not answer the door.

• alanv
    alanv

I lost my eldest son to the cult after he had attended a lot of family funerals. He was extremely vulnerable and got sucked into it, He completely ignored my advice and experience of being in the religion for 25 years.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Do Jehovah’s Witnesses take advantage of people in their low points in life?

Oh HELL yes! And if the persons are not low enough the JW's will darned sure see that they ARE put into a low spot. Then comes the favorite part for most JW's, kicking them while they are down!

• WokenfromJWcult
    WokenfromJWcult

And once they have you, they want you to quit any good paying job to work only part time so you can be miserable in your senior years.

• Overrated
    Overrated

When you have quietly faded- they will come around to "encourage " you to return to the nonsense that you left. They see you have a good job, a good car, great house, that means you have ca$h flow. Watchtower needs it and wants it bad! Good for you. Bad for them. They can go pound sand!

• zachias
    zachias

Yes, me all those years ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit