How are awake JWs going to deal with the life and death, Dual Power of Suicide, no blood card issue?

by Island Man 13 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Island Man
    Island Man

There was a recent leak of a letter to congregations regarding a new DPA no blood card. Part of the letter reads as follows:

As a reminder, you should provide copies of your completed Advance Decision document to (1) those who served as witnesses, (2) your General Practitioner (doctor), and (3) your congregation secretary. Additionally, you may wish to keep a copy with your will and other important documents.— Prov. 22:3.

If congregation secretaries start asking awake JWs for copies of their signed Dual Power of Suicide card how will they navigate this issue?

Can a JW refuse to sign the document without being disassociated?

Are there any good excuses that can be used for not signing it and that will enable you to dodge the DA bullet?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Depends on the diligence or control of the local body.

Some really hound everyone until they have a suitably signed copy for the congregation files...especially for appointed men!

One brother (elder) I know who was awake,refused to give one in, and he was told in no uncertain terms that failing to comply was a sign of disobedience....

• crazy_flickering_light
    crazy_flickering_light
    When they ask me about it, I'll tell them there is reason for doing it. Not reason within the bible and also this part of my personal data I protect in the way I want.
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    My body.....my decision.
  • Listener
    Listener

I wrote on Atlantis' thread that I was very concerned with the introduction of a new directive which has nothing to do with blood - it is this statement that is now on the directive

4. Regarding end-of-life matters: [initial one of the two choices] (a) I do not want my life to be prolonged if, to a reasonable degree of medical certainty, my situation is hopeless. (b) I want my life to be prolonged as long as possible within the limits of generally accepted medical standards, even if this means that I might be kept alive on machines for years.

My suggestion is that you could point out the problems with including this and that you don't understand why there are only two options and both those are very limited in detail and could lead to undesired consequences. Say that there isn't enough space on the directive to include your personal wishes and you are rewriting it. If you are later asked for a copy of your written form then say that it is personal and since it is different to the official form you see no reason why it should be put on the Congregations file.

If pushed even further, you could ask why it needs to go on the file. Then inform him that you have all basis covered and it's going OTT to have it on that file as well.

Another way to handle it is to treat it very lightly, laugh the matter off, tell the Brother that you've already taken reasonable steps to handle the matter and it's silly to deal with the whole thing by taking it to extremes (putting it on the congregation file). You are looking at this in a reasonable manner and your attitude is that you don't live your life with unfounded worry.
  • mana11
    mana11
    Total Cult Control
  • Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Remember....

.... they don't have any power over you, except you give it to them.

Train it many times (not only for this blood card matter but for all the matters concerning elders).

Elder: "We need a copy of your blood card." or "We need to talk to you in the backroom."

Awake JW: "My dear brother, Thank you so much for your concern/help/personal interest. I appreciate it very much that you care for me. BUT NO. I DON'T SEE IT NECESSARY THAT YOU HAVE A COPY OF MY BLOOD CARD! / NO, I DON'T NEED YOUR VISIT RIGHT NOW. If ever I see the need (for having my bloodcard / visit) I will let you know."

Train it often so that you can say it in your sleep. Then enjoy the reaction on their faces.

They might ask further but you need to stick to it.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Wow nothing says desperation more than forcing documentation of a personal nature to be tied in with the cult. Pretty clever way to sniff out the "disobedient to the GB" demographic. Fucking abhorrent cult.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    I would tell the brother. My lawyer handles my wills and legal documents. Would you like his phone number?
  • MarkofCane
    MarkofCane
    No better way to find out who's still on the tit and who's unlatched. I've often wondered how many awake and going to the meeting's still carry their blood cards with them?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit