Baptism statistics from CO

by neat blue dog 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hybridous
    hybridous

Well dropping the reports is a one-time event. One cut of the knife, by basically admitting that the numbers are (and will continue to) look REALLY BAD...

But then it's over and done with.

To keep publishing the reports is to open the ORG up to a continual humiliation, and the longer bad numbers are published, the less damage Option #1 saves them.

I reckon they will opt to keep publishing but lie as needed to support their narratives.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Fudging the numbers looks like the least painful option, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's what they do. (Or have been doing) Except I'm not quite sure how they would pull it off because it would require collusion from branch staff who would presumably need to cooperate with overstating the numbers. Tricky.

In any case, no matter what they decide to do about publishing or inflating the numbers, they can't hide the number of congregations figure. Congregations are publicly listed and they can't close congregations without it being public knowledge. So congregation numbers are the key figure to watch. Congregation numbers have already started to decrease in the United States and much of Europe. Watch that space!

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

There are many things that the Governing Body would not like to do but will have to do, purely due to march of time. When the great die off begins in earnest of witnesses (literally from old age) it will crash the publisher numbers. Would they put up with printing an -10% for long ... I think not.

no-zombie

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

Anyway we'll soon enough whether or not there will be an annual report for this year, as the year book for 2018 is due to be released this month.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I think the day is very close where baptisms at conventions will be whittled down to maybe one every 4 or 5 conventions.

Too much negative info on the internet about the Watchtower corporation for it to ever return to pre-internet figures of growth and baptisms.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

One thing that you cant hide though is empty chairs and that goes from conventions to the kingdom halls and as people die off and are not replaced with new people that will be plain to see

• Incognito
    Incognito
    Dropping the reports would be painful. But publishing declines would be painful too. What to do? - SBF

Those are two separate activities. Just because reports are submitted, does not necessarily mean they will be published.

I suspect any future claims from the platform of tremendous growth, will be without further details such as location or actual numbers.

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

Since we all know the wt are LIARS. what makes anyone here think the numbers they print about how many members, hours preaching, bap[tiams, etc are true? i say it's all bullcrap I think you take 40-50% off their numbers and get a more honest picture.

• SummerAngel
    SummerAngel

This is really more a general comment on numbers rather than baptisms. I feel this recent trend for harsh doctrine has caused the WTS to shoot themselves in the foot. It was done to scare people into remaining active but if they had half a brain cell they would have read the writing on the wall and done things the other way. What I'm trying to say is I wonder if this decline could force a backpedal to more lenient thinking under the banner of ' new light" eg to include inactive ones to 'encourage' them back in. Less DFsing and quicker reinstatement these are their best hope on this sinking ship. It would be a very different tack but also a very quick way of boosting numbers. What do others think?

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

After watching the Broadcasts, Witnesses are left with the impression that they are coming out as number one and that things are booming. This is because of the subterfuge/half-truths and the skewed presentation of the real statistics. My theory is that the WT will ditch the tabulated format of presenting the numbers in the yearbook and opt for a more narrative-like approach in its place. For example, a menial congregation of perhaps 60 publishers may merge with another similarly dismal congregation. The report would sound something like, "A congregation in Puerto Rico experienced the marvelous blessing from Jehovah when their size doubled by nearly 90 percent this past year! We are humbled by the rich rewards we have reaped from the countless hours our brothers have spent in their ministry."

I know vague editorial when I see it. Keep it positive. Keep it fluffy. Keep it fake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit