More boring baby stuff and wife's first birthday

by Darkknight757 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Hello just giving a quick baby update AGAIN. 😁

We went for another growth scan yesterday which marks 26 weeks, 4 days and the Genetics Dr. felt that we needed to head to hospital for labor and delivery. So as of now the wife is being monitored and the hope is she can stay until delivery which hopefully will be a few weeks. Either way Detroit Henry Ford Main has one of the best neonatal facilities around so we are in good hands.

Honestly if we didn't have that growth scan appt we would have probably lost the baby considering how low the amniotic fluid was and the poor blood flow due to a non performing placenta. So we are very lucky.

All this come one day after my wife's first birthday in the almost 40 years she's been alive. She was born into the Jehovah's witnesses so she never had a birthday before.

We kept it simple. I made her a homemade complete from scratch marble cake with buttercream frosting and took her to a nice dinner. Low key because we are still under the radar but good nonetheless. (Sadly now I have an almost complete cake sitting at home and we are at hospital.) Glad to be here instead of what could been the alternative.

We do need to be cautious with regards to the blood issue and if her parents show up. With a one pound baby there is a very high chance she will need blood and we can't have our JW family find out so we told the doctors that nobody except for myself has medical information privileges. Her parents still speak to us but might shun if they find out she or the baby needs life saving blood.

So it looks like we are in it for the long haul now. I hope everyone is well and thank you Simon for letting me vent here and thank you to everyone for your continued support and positive energy.

• Onager
    Onager

I hope all goes well for you and yours. That is a very touching story.

I just feel sorry for that lonesome cake!

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Dark knight I'll be keeping you your wife and that sweet baby in my thoughts today as you have an extremely eventual day and I sure will pray that all goes well.

Modern technology is wonderful when it can pinpoint a problem like that and give treatments such as an early delivery to help keep the baby.

I wish I could give you both a big ol' hug right now!

• Giordano
    Giordano

I Definitely have you guys in my mind and wishing you a healthy baby.

What a shame you have to also be concerned about that dreadful blood issue.

Every year in the USA 3500 JW's are in need of a life saving blood transfusion for multiple reasons.

I find it interesting that an organization like the WTBT$ can keep track of all their congregations, time in service etc.etc. but they never reveal how many pass away for lack of a transfusion.

Of course knowing how many would cast a critical eye on the goings on of this religion.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Darkknight,

Lots of hugs and thoughts for you and your family during this time. Neonatal is the absolute best place to be for your little one.

I have two grandkids who spent a lot of time in neonatal, they are still small for their age but otherwise you would not know they had been there. My grandson weighed 2 1/2 lbs and his sister only weighed 1 1/2 lbs. They are very good at rearranging my family room furniture including the recliners and they are 2 and 3.

Please keep us posted.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Oh man, so many feels. I'm so happy for your wife's first birthday. My wife had a big party for her first just last year. Happy birthday Mrs. DK!

On the other hand, you're in my thoughts and I wish you all the best in this trying time. You two deserve it. :)

• Awakenednow
    Awakenednow

Sending your family ❤️. Happy birthday Mrs Darknight. Touching story about her birthday cake. Sounds yummy.

I am sooo grateful for all of those special medical professionals who've dedicated their lives to saving all of ours. So much progress and much to be hopeful for. Keep positive. They are angels on earth and will give your little dark night every chance to be born healthy and safely.

Blessings and love!

• Awakenednow
    Awakenednow

P.s. - NOT BORING! Very precious story and I'm sure we are all anxious with you for a happy ending.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Darkknight

We are keeping you in our thoughts. It's good to know that your wife and baby are in good hands and in a hospital that specializes in preemies and high risk pregnancies. Keep us posted.

Happy belated birthday to your lovely wife!!!

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I agree with awakendnow, boring is not an applicable word at all! Exciting and anxious are, but not boring.

I hope all is calm and well right now for you ll. Is your wife receiving steroids to help the baby's lungs mature?Steroids made a person feel energized, but also sleepless. I hope she is not too anxious and sleeping ok.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit