NY Legal Floodgate Opens, Hits Watchtower and Boy Scouts

by GLTirebiter 10 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

An article at churchmilitant.com [known for hard-core Catholicism] discusses lawsuits filed against JW.org and the BSA as soon as New York's Child Victims Act opened a one-year suspension of the Statute of Limitations. The attorney cited in the article, Irwin Zalkin, has a track record of success against Catholic dioceses.

"Now most of you have probably heard about priest abuse and clergy abuse within the Catholic Church," said Zalkin. "But the Jehovah's Witnesses have been flying a little bit under the radar."

The GB has their hands full going up against him!

• LV101
    LV101

Thanks for info and link, GLT. Mr. Zalkin states claims are coming in from all over the globe.

• Half banana
    Half banana

No wonder Tony M looks so miserable.

• Spiral
    Spiral

@GLTirebiter, do you know why the New York Times hasn't given coverage to Mr. Zalkin's lawsuits yet? Or have they, and I'm just not seeing it?

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

In out county of Chautaugua which is a western county of NY. Three Catholic churches are being looked at. Can't wait wait to see when they go after the 5 congrgation in our county. Still Totally ADD

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

In out county of Chautaugua which is a western county of NY. Three Catholic churches are being looked at. Can't wait wait to see when they go after the 5 congrgation in our county. Still Totally ADD

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Jeezus.

The bOrg's lawyers have to have told them that they're tax-exemption is on the block (since they won't reform their policies)... they'd be pretty piss-poor lawyers if they didn't, IMO.

The GB's gotta be figuring that the End is Nigh, and are just waiting with bated breath for God to bail them out.

Not to mention appealling realted shit to the SCOTUS? It's like they're trying to provoke "Satan's World" into "attacking" them.

• LV101
    LV101

AndersonInfo (a day or so ago under title: Wednesday: Silent No More, Part 3) has great links - Newsweek, etc.

• TakeOffTheCrown
    TakeOffTheCrown

Oh my! The first thing I saw this morning was a scroll on CNN listing the Archdiocese, Jehovah's Witnesses, Boy Scouts, etc. as organizations being sued under the new Child Victims Act of New York State.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

do you know why the New York Times hasn't given coverage to Mr. Zalkin's lawsuits yet?

I don't subscribe, so I don't know if they have covered this. I'd be surprised if they haven't, though the recent mass murders have dominated the news coverage the last few weeks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit