Do you ever contact those who shun you?

by Xanthippe 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Clambake
    Clambake

I know a guy that was DF and worked as a purchasing agent for a school board. He needed to buy 60 computers. He decided to send in a request for a bid to his uncle the elder who owned a computer shop.

All he got in return was an email saying he can’t talk to him.

So much for treating a person like a gentile or man of the nations. He couldn’t even be civil on a professional level.

FYI. The computer shop is now bankrupt and he works as a janitor.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Thank you Cofty. I remember your thread and how awful it was that your parents were still shunning you even though you were very ill. Did they keep in touch? I notice that your final post on the subject was they hadn't been in touch for six months.

Did it get to a point where it was just you phoning them and they just tolerated it as if you are not worthy of a phone call? I have been at that stage for some years and refuse to contact them anymore because it's disgusting being treated like that. I like your point that it made you feel better to tell them how you felt about their treatment of you. That might be what I need at this stage.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

No advice to give. Just sympathy for a rotten situation.

It's threads like this that make me wish for the Watchtower, not simply to decline, but to fall apart abruptly and totally. So that everyone involved has to come face to face with what a pathetic venture they have been involved in, and how inhumanely they have acted for no discernible reason whatsoever.

• cofty
    cofty
    Did they keep in touch? I notice that your final post on the subject was they hadn't been in touch for six months.

No they didn't.

My interest in them is at all time low.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    These ungrateful "family" members will only contact you when THEY need you. Like when they need money or someone to take care of them in their old age. Scum bags!!!
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Thank you everyone for your thoughts and experiences.
  • BeautifulMind
    BeautifulMind
    Me personally, nah, what the hell for? They want to walk away, let them. Im good with my friends and family who love and care for me just the way I am.
  • crazy_flickering_light
    crazy_flickering_light

It depends how you break. This is my opinion. A good friend of mine break up without talking to me. She knew that I'm more then a critical thinker. We spend some holidays together. But there was no letter or anything. So I don't know, if she like's to meet me again. (Looking for words, try to reconnect someday.) Sometimes I think about reconnecting. Sometimes not. If she talk to me a little bit more before, maybe she could get much more help as she thinks. But I feel hurted thrue her.

On the other side I work from inside. Only thing I can do at the moment. I work on a sister to reconnect to her sister, family can't broke. It looks good at the moment. Maybe the final part is to hear from the other side. Sorry, but it think it's to easy to give up. This is one reason to stay in. (And I don't shun my da family.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit