FBI, The Mob and Loyalty

by JaniceA 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• JaniceA
    JaniceA

I was reading an excerpt from Comets memoir and was this quote (seen a lot in regards to Trump) but my mind kept going back to WT and the mind f#ck they have going on with JWs. I know I'm not the only one whose mind went straight to the Borg. I hope LOTS of USe have the same connection.

"Interacting with Trump, Comey writes, gave him “flashbacks to my earlier career as a prosecutor against the Mob. The silent circle of assent. The boss in complete control. The loyalty oaths. The us-versus-them worldview. The lying about all things, large and small, in service to some code of loyalty that put the organization above morality and above the truth.”

The result, in Comey’s telling, is “the forest fire that is the Trump presidency.”

Politics aside, whose brain immediately went off the topic of this presidency?

• sir82
    sir82

Yeah, my mind also redirected itself after reading that.

I can think of another group for which there is a "code of loyalty that put the organization above morality and above the truth.”

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think might have an axe to grind.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    “...the forest fire that is the Trump presidency...”

Hmph.

"Dumpster fire" is more like it.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Sir82: I can think of another group for which there is a "code of loyalty that put the organization above morality and above the truth.”

What group is that?

• sir82
    sir82

I really have to spell it out?

JWs of course.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Sir82, I was being ironic of course!

I always find it odd that a surprisingly large number of members of this forum cannot see the similarities between the Cult of Trump and our former religion.

I predict that some of them will soon swoop in and issue me an appropriate number of "Dislikes"!

• sir82
    sir82

Sorry, I guess your subtlety was too subtly subtle.

• jp1692
    jp1692

My bad, Sir!

• JaniceA
    JaniceA

I thought an FBI synopsis of the mobs mentality was the interesting bit here. The political impact of this is another type of post in a different category. Having heard the Donald’s ideas about loyalty I had already thought he sounded like a mob boss, but reality is that if the media liked him, they could have spun out to sound innocuous at worst or even possibly positive.

Just the way an actual FBI director phrased that thing about the mafia to summarize my feelings and impressions of the WT org made me sit up and take notice.

Hes unemployed. . . I wish he could use his resources and connections to get the borg.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit