Scary Dream

by freemamaof3 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• freemamaof3
    freemamaof3

A little background- I faded in august 2015. Ive got to small kids and one on the way. I dont believe the JW cult nonsense anymore.

Ok so last night I had the scariest dream. My children and I were at the convention and everyrhing was going fine. Then AM||| gets on stage and asks the attendants to lock all exit doors on the convention site. He proceeds to say the GB have gotten New Light that says no is the time to go ro Paradise. He says we will be saved fro, the great tribulation by following their instructions and not fighting the decision. He then proceeded to have a vat of some drink (just like jonestown) brought onstage and says everyone has to drink it. The first ones who do collapse and die. Im freaking out because i have my babies and that isnt what i want. I try to call my husband who is non jw but the phone signal have been jammed. I woke up in a sweat and my heart racing. Its scary to think this is somehing that could actually happen to my family or me and my babies if i hadnt made the decision to leave. Anyone else ever have nightmares like this?

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

I had the usual Armageddon nightmares as a child, but nothing like this.

• sparky1
    sparky1

I was a Bethelite in the mid 1970's and hated most of my time there. I had recurring NIGHTMARES into my mid 50's that I reapplied for Bethel service and was accepted immediately. In my dream, within a week I knew it was a mistake and could barely survive my year assignment there. And then after I got home, I reapplied again and was accepted immediately. Something like the movie GROUNDHOG DAY. Thankfully, I haven't had any of those nightmares for about 5 or 6 years. The religion gets deeply ingrained in our subconscious selves. Sorry for your dreams. I hope that they eventually recede and go away altogether. My sympathies to you.

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

Yes that is scary. Dreams can be powerful. Do you have any idea what it would take to pull a stunt like that around the world? It would be impossible in my mind although they say anything is possible. If your dream has meaning then maybe it just means you made the right choice getting out when you did.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Dreams are 100% accurate predictors of events that happen in a parallel universe.

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

100% Ya think? Right on Nathan, we got to talk someday. That is very interesting. I think I'm in a parallel universe right now. I just found out yesterday the Watchtower admitted they were not appointed as the "faithful and discrete slave" in 1919! I must be dreaming :)

• azor
    azor

Freemamaof3 I'm sorry you had such a horrible dream. Happy for you that your out. I sent a group text to my 3 in brothers last night to please not drink the Kool Aid if they were ever to pass it out at one of their group sessions.

I drop messages like this every few months to encourage cognitive dissonance hoping they will wake up one of these days.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Indoctrination plays a big role in the subconscious mind. Our deepest fears come out in our dreams.

This is one of the ways that ex-jws may have left the Org, but the indoctrination received will never leave.

Hotel California!

DY

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

freemamaof3, you're relatively new here, welcome! I've read about your fear of demons and your experiences as a child. Could it be that it still affected you last night?

• freemamaof3
    freemamaof3

redpilltwice

Thanks! And I'm not sure, but its definitely possible. I've only been out for about 10 months and I still spend time with my deeply indoctrinated parents who are always talking doomsday. I'm sure the indoctrination is still affecting me even though I don't believe it to be true anymore. I think what we go through as jw kids affects us for a lot longer than we realize as well, or at least it has in my case.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit