Ivanka Trump’s hubby, Jared Kushner, reportedly buying Jehovah’s Witnesses headquarters

by DavidG 9 Replies latest jw friends

• DavidG
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Donald Trump loves the Jehovah's Witnesses

• sparky1
    sparky1

Don't laugh too hard! I have already heard some 'urban legend' around the sale of Watchtower property involving Trump and his son in law. Someone I still speak with told me : 'DONALD TRUMP IS BUYING UP ALL OUR PROPERTIES. AND HE KNOWS JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES HAVE THE TRUTH, BUT HE IS JUST NOT READY TO GIVE UP HIS LIFE STYLE AT THIS TIME.!'

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE

"have nothing to so with the doomed "world" but milk them for their money " -

• flipper
    flipper
    Unfreakingbelievable. It stands to reason. I guess WT Society will have some extra funds to dip into for their hundreds if not thousands of child abuse lawsuits now, right ? Bastards.Peace out, Mr. Flipper
  • Lostwun
    Lostwun
    WT Getting in bed with the harlot. Nothing new...
  • prologos
    prologos
    Brooklyn was at one time slated to become the location of the central US government, so will this failed project now become a partial, hidden reality? from Watch Tower to Trump Tower?. Donald already divesting himself, through family, of his direct business involvement? in anticipation of getting his finger on the red doomsday button? Brooklyn to Armageddon funny conspiracy theory?
  • AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

http://ny.curbed.com/2016/4/13/11421404/big-name-developers-behind-700m-deal-for-jehovah-s-witnesses-brooklyn-hq

There are 7 comments and are they ever interesting.

I’m very excited to see the re-development of this site. This development has an amazing location just a few blocks west of the Brooklyn Bridge and steps from Brooklyn Bridge Park. With its location, views and size, this would be a tech company’s dream!

So much for the $1 Billion price tag they were expecting. JW is a joke of an organization and I will never deal with them again. There is a reason why they had to swallow their pride and hire Cushman to do this deal because they were way in over their heads (keep in mind, JW is notorious for their dislike of outside brokers because their "volunteers" do all the work for free).

In the end, they probably left a sour taste at some of the biggest development firms, the borough of Brooklyn and the many brokers who’ve had bad experiences dealing with them. All I can say is, good riddance and enjoy your stay Upstate.

I’m just excited to see the properties back on the tax rolls!!!

Posted 23 hours ago

It seems odd that Jared et al were the winning bidders for these properties as well. It almost seems as though they had insider assistance but who knows. Yes, it is great that these propreties are back on the tax rolls though I hope the MTA and city are prepared for the future increase of service needs in the area (food services, electric, sewer, transport etc etc).

Posted 23 hours ago

It’s not odd at all that Kushner won the deal – I heard from other sources that the other bidders were displeased with JW and the way they conduct business.

Jared Kushner most likely went through hell dealing with them the first time so why not dance with the devil you already know?

Here is something to think about: all the big firms that made a bid (like Vornado) were all capable of making bids bigger than $700m so money wasn’t the biggest issue. It’s likely they all dropped out because of JW and their antics.

Posted 17 hours ago

Exciting deal. Will be interesting to see how much work the Jay Street site needs before building starts; neighborhood lore holds it’s a highly toxic brownfield.

Posted 22 hours ago

Now would be an especially mischievous time to landmark the Watchtower sign (if it isn’t landmarked already, that is).

Posted 21 hours ago
  • Dagney
    Dagney

We know what bullies the WBTS are from our personal experience. They embellish their reputation to the flock, but we know the truth.

Those comments are telling...something we would never normally get to know about.

I get immense pleasure with each public mark against them.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

They didn't get the original amounts they wanted.

Interesting.

Fits in with the rest of the WTS's global real estate liquidation... they need the extra cash now, more than ever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit