Arguing with Witnesses vs Trinitarians

by schnell 18 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

The very fact that their is still a controversey over this subject after 2000 years doesnt say much for the Almightys ability to convey his communication skills effectively does it.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Unitarianism, binitarianism, or trinitarianism? It's as easy as 1,2,3! :)

• schnell
    schnell

@David_Jay, life is a drama. Drama involves people being wrong and messed up at various times. Of course nobody likes to be wrong, analytical scientists included, but it simply takes one black swan to challenge a theory that all swans are white.

Convictions are more hazardous enemies of truth than lies. (Neitzsche, Human, All Too Human , Vol I, Sec 9, 483)
  • tepidpoultry
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Good OP.

It's especially true if one believes one's very survival depends on "being right".

Know how I know?

'Cause that was me.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Deuteronomy 30 "I put before you life and death"

If this is what you mean

I hear you,

Been there done that,

Sadly,

:0)

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Being confident about your position is fine, but the one who knows provable history will always win the trinity debate.

The plurality of the Jewish God according to the Hebrew scriptures is unassailable. The belief that the Savior would be God, himself, in the flesh has much explicit scriptural support.

• Steel
    Steel

I find now that I have a better understanding of what new testament writers are referencing in the old testament,the arguments against the diety of Christ are just ridiculous chicken and egg arguments all being quite circular in nature.

Why would jesus say that ?

Cause he was a human.

If he was human, how could he be god?

Round and round and round

• schnell
    schnell

Being confident about your position is fine, but the one who knows provable history will always win the trinity debate.

The plurality of the Jewish God according to the Hebrew scriptures is unassailable. The belief that the Savior would be God, himself, in the flesh has much explicit scriptural support.

I hope this thread hasn't gotten people thinking that I would necessarily argue one way or the other about the Trinity. I don't. As I said earlier, I actually find the history of Jewish and Christian theology to be interesting, especially about the positions JWs so despise.

To quote Richard Dawkins:

"How did the Greeks, the Romans and the Vikings cope with such polytheological conundrums? Was Venus just another name for Aphrodite, or were they two distinct goddesses of love? Was Thor with his hammer a manifestation of Wotan, or a separate god? Who cares? Life is too short to bother with the distinction between one figment of the imagination and many. " Read more: https://www.scribd.com/book/249308897

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit