Disneyland

by road to nowhere 10 Replies latest jw friends

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

We just saw the Disney ad on TV. Pimi wife says we never took the kids. I wanted to reply that we used vacation for conventions and important stuff.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I recall on many occasions of hearing District Overseers at conventions compare taking the family to visit Bethel as the equivalent to going to Disneyland.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Didn't Tony Morris III say something about that? Don't take your kids to Disneyland, take them to Bethel?

• IWant2Leave
    IWant2Leave

Yes AM III mentioned in one of the WT videos that if you had been to Disneyland or Disneyworld and not Bethel, you were not very spiritual and your priorities were not in the right order.

• Brock Talon
    Brock Talon

Bethel Song [sung to the tune of "It's a small world"]

It's a world of hard work

A world of tears

It's a world of control

And a world of fears

There's so much that we share

Like the same underwear

It's a small minded world after all....

[chorus]

It's a small minded world, after all

It's a small, minded, woooooooorld.....

• Overrated
    Overrated

I'd rather go to Disney Land then Beth-hell anyday.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Me too, overrated!

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Take your kids to Disney, show the difference between the cult and having real fun. Try to skip as many meeting times in the trip.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There are good reasons to not go to Disneyland right now, but going to boasting sessions or field circus, or to washtowel headquarters, is not one of those. These foul places have everything wrong with them as Disney, and then some. Plus, not as much fun.

True, there are other reasons to choose smaller amusement parks instead of Disney at this time. First, the cost--the cost per ride, after you are finished waiting forever in line to get on each one, is excessive. They also support communism (and so does the washtowel). Even in Florida, where masks are not mandatory, Disney still wants to force you to wear one--not to mention, they might introduce that CoviPass (where you are required to get the torture shot in order to enter the park). And the trip--fly, and you are still required to wear the masks and soon to prove you have had THE shot before boarding the plane. Drive, and you are going to spend the better part of a week just getting there, plus all the speed traps along the way.

But, there are plenty of other choices that are closer and less expensive. I recommend finding one that does not require you to wear the mask while outside, that does not require proof of having had the torture shot, and where the costs are reasonable and the lines are not exorbitantly long. You might not get the full Disney experience (or the full Disney headache), but you can still find the rides and games you wish.

And going to tour washtowel headquarters is not exactly a good replacement. If anything, the rules are even worse than Disney. You will still have to wear the masks (and prove you have been vaccinated against this cold) to enter. You will still have long lines and wait times. You will still be pressured into donating huge amounts of money to support communism, in ways that are even worse than Disney. And, to boot, you will not even get the Disney experience, or any rides or games. Just a dull tour.

• zachias
    zachias

".......of hearing District Overseers at conventions compare taking the family to visit Bethel as the equivalent to going to Disneyland".

This was pretty good coming from them who dont have kids and i said so at the time.

I recall this holiday comment and hearing the big"Whuh?" that came from the audience.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit