I was featured on a local news site today.....

by dubstepped 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

It's always cool to see honest accounts of Jehovah's Witnesses in the news. I got the opportunity to be interviewed locally and took it. I put myself out there and here's part one. If you like it, share it as a way to help spread the word and to reward this journalist for taking a chance on us.

https://insiderlouisville.com/lifestyle_culture/shunned-a-former-jehovahs-witness-and-his-quest-to-help-others/?fbclid=IwAR0o38u7HsTH3USyFW1lqyh2kihfdDzBaH0iWO7HaUsfHYLe0ESS1SeFY38

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Fantastic article Dub! Looking forward to Part 2! Great job!!!

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Kevin, the writer, did a great job of understanding a very tough story, I think. We met, I rambled, he said he had about 8000 words of notes by the end of a couple hours. It can't be easy to try to understand the complexities of that JW life from the outside and he did well. I didn't see the article before it came out, didn't even know it was coming out today, lol. Just woke up to text messages about it.

• Giordano
    Giordano

This is a very very good article......please share part two.

I can really appreciate you and your wife getting out together....makes you guys twice as strong.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Excellent!

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Wow!!! Nice job...such a great peek into the hamster wheel.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Great article! The more this evil religion is exposed, the better.

• LV101
    LV101

You're a succinct truth-teller and I can't wait for Part 2. I hope you link it here -- I'll be looking for it.

Thanks for sharing.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I'll be sure to share. Looks like next Sunday is part two. There are a few changes I'd make (I wasn't disfellowshipped) but those will likely be correct in part 2. It's not easy for a journalist to get all terminology 100% correct. It's a cult. The outside world can't be expected to nail every detail. I thought he did an amazing job capturing the experience that I relayed to him.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Fantastic article and thank you for doing it. Your story rings so true and I and many others, can really relate to the experience. I can't wait to read part two.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit