Question reinstament

by poopie 11 Replies latest jw friends

• poopie
    poopie
    There is a brother that was read off in three cong because he is well known in area he was announced as df now when he is reinstated so he can talk to his family will they announce in all 3 cong so all 3 can clap for him including the pharisees?
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou
    I believe so but my knowledge is increasingly dated, hopefully you'll get a response from someone more current.
  • jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

It will be read out in the cong that he was originally booted from

and the one he currently attends. The rumour mill will take care of the rest

but only crapping in those two congs

jtg

• elderINewton
    elderINewton
    Rare to announce the df in more than one congregation, but the one he gets reinstatement from will be only one than announces the welcome back.
  • sandy
    sandy
    Do they clap for reinstatement now? I thought that was a big no no.
  • awake!watcher
    awake!watcher
    No, Sandy. New light.
  • jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Just to confirm, my reinstatement was read out in the cong i was booted from and the new one i attended 4 years ago. Perhaps elderlnewton has new light. has the process changed in the last 4 years? Oh and they clapped,,,, very embarassing.

j t g

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    Usually its the Congregation where he was DFed and the one he is currently attending if its not the same one.
  • TipsyMangoTea
    TipsyMangoTea

A sister who was DF'd from our congregation for at least a decade was recently reinstated last month, and it was announced both at our hall and the one she and her parents currently attend.

Everyone clapped of course (pretty enthusiastically, too), but I don't think it was a coincidence that the following week, the sister had a big baby shower and all were invited...

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Reading a DF announcement in multiple Congs is specifically prohibited. It breaks their "rules" and opens them up to a lawsuit. That was done without approval of the Service Dept.

Reinstatement is typically done at the Cong where the DF took place, and at the Cong where the person presently associates (if they have relocated).

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit