It’s My Anniversary!

by jp1692 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JP1692:

Congratulations on your anniversary of being out of the JW religion!

I have been out many years but confess if I were still there and heard those words about ‘obeying instructions that may not appear sound....’ I would be disturbed by it. I’m sure this did not sit well with many JWs.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Happy Anniversary jp1692. I'm glad you're no longer trapped in that dark dungeon of a cult.

It will be twenty-nine years for me next month. It's been interesting.

• freddo
    freddo

JP 1692: Excellent news!

Bigdummy:

Post more often mate. You have a wealth of experience which I find really really helpful. Thank you.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Congratulations (?).

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Feels good!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes! Wow. That was a pivotal, watershed moment for so many of us!

Cheers JP👍

• flipper
    flipper

Happy Anniversary JP- It's been over 14 years out of that controlling organization for myself !

Freedom is sweet ! Enjoy your life ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Bigdummy
    Bigdummy

Freddo

I could post more often but I feel that I would be redundant in the things I could

relate. I had a terrible run in with an elder about 25 years ago that set me back

mentally and emotionally. I struggled really hard after that. I was in the hospital-

tal several times over the next few years ( admitted myself) and had trouble

functioning with a job and trying to provide for a family. Almost ended it all at

one point which would have relieved me but not helped my wife and four kids.

i was diagnosed as bipolar and OCD. A few years ago I discovered that I have

what is Pure O. I won’t go into the details of what that is but I’d suffered with

that my whole life evidently. As the years past I calmed down quite a bit and

finally gave up trying to deal with this religion along with other things that aren’t

that important. I have jw family all around so I tread lightly when speaking to

them. Don’t want my life any more complicated by spouting off something to

one of them that’s not going to make any difference anyway. Rant over for now.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Congrats!

One just has to wonder why that quote didn't cause more to awaken?

Doc

• kairos
    kairos

I had exited just a few months prior to that article.
    After seeing it, I immediately got a sick feeling that many will die because of JWs.

---
    That WT quote is the gift that keeps giving, in that it will continue to wake up doubting JWs that start doing WT research.

There is no reasonable way to interpret those directions from the GB.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit