Urging More Lurkers To Sign Up

by freemindfade 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Dont use your name. Reveal things vague. Be cautious. Very hard to be outed on this board if you aren't spraying personal details.......even then. Not likely.

But your presence means something to everyone here and others without the desire to sign up. If you look at old threads there are hundreds or more people that no longer come here, whose threads and insight still do much to help those using the search function.

Or don't......thats the beauty. Don't do anything you don't want to. We won't disfellowship or shun you for thinking different.

• flipper
    flipper
    I chatted with a new poster yesterday - who just joined today named Too Many Muffin Eggs . I think the more JW's keep experiencing injustices from the WT Society representatives, and the more scandals of child abuse and shunning horrors that keep occurring - we are going to see a big influx of newbies coming onto this board. Ex-JW's need a place to go to to unload, unwind, and be accepted for who they are- which doesn't happen within the JW organization. Bring on the Newbies ! We welcome them ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper
  • MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

Sorry flipper tried to like on my phone and hit dislike

• elderINewton
    elderINewton
    It felt great to apologize for all the unloving injustices I was a part of. This is one of the few places you can pretty much do so.
    So many other posters felt the same and while it is great to hear that it's even greater to be heard so that you see your far from alone in the JW world.
    Joining felt liberating.
  • Simon
    Simon
    Sorry flipper tried to like on my phone and hit dislike

In case anyone wonders ... you can reverse your vote. Just hit like instead and it changes it even if the immediate votes you see may say otherwise - only one person's vote per post is recorded. (it's just too resource intensive to try and make the display immediately consistent for no real benefit)

• Simon
    Simon

On the topic itself ...

It's very humbling to read people's comments on this topic. I really don't think I have much to contribute to this community in terms of grand thoughts or wisdom (although I like to get stuck in to a juicy argument as much as the next person). I was only ever an average Joe publisher like, I suspect, the vast majority of us. But I could see some things weren't right and couldn't just sit back and accept it like I was told (I think it's the Northern blood).

Mostly I just keep the lights on. I see how people help others and how much their help impacts others and it's a privilege to play any small part in it all.

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

Well @Simon generally speaking I'm not shy nor am I fragile but early on in this journey I'm not embarrassed to say I needed this forum. I needed it more than I realized.

Very serious when I say I'm more than thankful that it's here. I get super busy here and there you would understand why, however I do my best to give genuine comfort and let folks know I'm here if they need something.

A handful of you guys did that for me. Don't want to get overly sensational here but if we can't be decent to one another what the hell is the point?

• smiddy
    smiddy

Lurkers

If you have come across this site and are nervous , apprehensive , scared , have a guilty feeling , even think you are going to be zapped by Jehovah for taking the step of posting here , don`t worry , you are not alone .

The great majority of us have been there , we have all gone through those emotions , and their is nothing fear.

You will wish you had done it sooner.

smiddy

• Hadriel
    Hadriel
    Well said @Smiddy well said sir.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Making you feel afraid and alone is (when you have a doubt or a concern) is a very powerful tool that is only real in your mind. To empower yourself, you need to see that you can speak with critics of ANYTHING, agree or disagree, and form your own conclusions. Its a power that's been taken away from many of us, and having a safe forum to open that door will help tremendously.

Its also a great place to throw down on controversial issues if you can take the heat lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit