So... what's new with our favourite cult?

by Paralipomenon 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Hey all, haven't been around for a couple of years. Anything interesting I should get caught up on?

• sir82
    sir82

JWs banned in Russia yesterday. Somehow it's all part of Jehovah's will.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Always nice to have someone "check in". Please update us on your situation. We always like to hear good news!

As regards the Cult.....I think things have been kinda boring lately. (Other than the Russia "thing" and even that is kinda "blah".)

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

Hope you've been busy getting your "revenge"!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

In June 2015, the Australian Royal Commission responsible for looking into religious organisations' response to child abuse questioned Australian elders, DOs, branch overseers and GB member Geoffrey Jackson.

The ARC recommended improvements re how the WTS deals with child abuse.

It seems the WTS has not put many of the recommendations into practice.

The Australian branch overseer was again up before Justice McClellan and questioned by Angus Stewart. Watch this space ...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

In the last couple of years the WTS has made more than billion dollars in selling many of its real estate holdings. $$$

• undercover
    undercover
    Somehow it's all part of Jehovah's will.

Yea, somehow Russia moved the goalposts with Jehovah's blessing. Governments are supposed to turn on Babylon the Great, then on JWs. I wonder what Putin has on Jehovah...

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Ohh, is Russia back to being the King of the North? They lost the title a few times, would be nice to see them get that back again.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Finkelstein,

In the last couple of years the WTS has made more than billion dollars in selling many of its real estate holdings. $$$

They have also dramatically escalated their demand for congregation member's money. They have done this even to the pathetic extent of making video cartoons directed at children encouraging them to use their ice cream money to the WT. Literally.

It shows a JW girl, about ten, who's daydreaming of buying ice cream. She has the coin in her hand but before she does that she watches her mother drop in a contribution. She then daydreams about all the things the Watchtower does and after her daydream she decides to drop her coin into the contribution box.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon
    She then daydreams about all the things the Watchtower does and after her daydream she decides to drop her coin into the contribution box.

Did she daydream about lawsuits from abuse?

• Steel
    Steel

They changed the meaning of the fds in 2012. It just means the governing body now.

I think they figured out no one knows are even cares about theology so they just fired the 144000.

I still can't believe that wasn't a bigger deal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit