What religions/organizations aren't a cult?

by Jules Saturn 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jp1692
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

It's good enough for this discussion regardless.

• jp1692
    jp1692

No it isn't. Your response is insulting to the very people you hope read your post.

Unreliable is unreliable and that's not good enough. Learn to do serious research. You're just lazy and you do this all the time.

That's the same bullshit "research" the WTBTS expects you to accept.

Up your game dude. Get the clue. Your habitual wholesale CUT & PASTING of Wikipedia pages is beyond lame.

Learn to locate and identify reliable sources, quote their relevant comments accurately and then share your own comments and analysis on it.

And maybe you could occasionally respond to another posters comment and have an actual discussion.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Well I tell you're not a fan of my posting style. I in a way I consider it a good thing.

Cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyQSH3XmQCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmZhcaq6QV8

• Brokeback Watchtower
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The description of a relgoius organization being labelled as a cult is more associated with how much the organization strives to separate itself and its members from the mainstream of the general population and to what level of control does the organization have over its adherent members.

Certain segments of the Muslim faith could be considered a cult by virtue of its controlling stature over its members.

Some religious institutions are highly socially controlling where others or a lot less.

I would pin the JWS as high but certainly not the highest.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Jules Saturn - "What religions/organizations aren't a cult?"

In my personal opinion...

...any group that embraces fiscal and policy transparency, fairly utilizes the democratic process, acknowledges and respects the discoveries of science and history regardless of the implications, eschews elitism, and fosters positive community-oriented actions.

• Island Man
    Island Man

Cult is not one word. It's multiple words with the same spelling and different meanings. Here are some examples:

1. Cult - A religion.

2. Cult - A devoted group of followers or fans of a particular entertainer or product of entertainment.

3. Cult - A highly controlling organization centered around authoritarian leadership that psychologically manipulates and exploits its members who exhibit high levels of devotion to the group and its cause to the detriment of their own welfare.

Nothing infuriates me than seeing persons enter a discussion which is very clearly about 3 and injecting the meaning of 1 to cause obfuscation.

The Anglican Church is not a cult (3). The Unitarian Universalist Church is not a cult (3). Every religion that does not find it necessary to write a special article on their website refuting the charge that they're a cult (3), is probably not a cult (3).

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

In the beginning many organizations were created for good purposes to perform good works and to enable freedom. In time those organizations have been infiltrated by deceivers whose intent has been to purposely corrupt them and transform them into cults. The U.S. government, and many others throughout the World, have programs in place to accomplish infiltration and transformation. Military Intelligence Agencies employ such tactics for training purposes to enhance the skills of agent provocateurs during PsyOp exercises. In this day and age nothing is as it seems...

• Vidiot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit