Resolution of the 2018 JW Protest, London

by jwleaks 10 Replies latest jw friends

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

The full Resolution and Press Release can be viewed and download via the following link:

https://saysorry.org/2018/08/18/jw-protest-london/

August 18, 2018

On the weekend of the 11th and 12th of August over 100 people from 13 countries, including seven Australians, gathered on the grounds of ExCeL London and held a peaceful and colourful protest to coincide with the Jehovah’s Witnesses ‘Be Courageous’! convention. A second protest will be held over the weekend of the 18th and 19th at the same location.

The main purpose of the JW Protest is to highlight the serious and persistent global child sexual abuse problem within the Church of Jehovah’s Witnesses and the related practice of shunning.

As part of the 2018 JW Protest in London a Resolution has been put forward by the protest committee for adoption. Item 10 of the Resolution reads:

We Invite the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses to ‘Be Courageous’! and ‘Say Sorry’! to all child abuse victims from within the Jehovah’s Witnesses, past and present, some of whom are here today adopting this resolution, so that they and us may heal as we still hurt.”

It is the 2018 JW Protest committee’s hope that our Resolution is read by as many current members of Jehovah’s Witnesses as possible, including those on the Governing Body.

• josephus
    josephus

Excellent. Proud to have been involved in this.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

A resolution????????? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

i cannot say this loudly enough:

MORPHS LAW!

But seriously, i hope the second round of protests goes well and is every bit as effective. Keep up the good work!

• Giordano
    Giordano

"The main purpose of the JW Protest is to highlight the serious and persistent global child sexual abuse problem within the Church of Jehovah’s Witnesses and the related practice of shunning."

I have been talking about this for years on this forum as have many others and outside the JW world with concerned citizens. Once the public understands about the two witness rule and how self serving this issue is to the point that for decades the WT counsel (think command) was to not bring this issue to the authorities......... the horror of it all sinks in................ when the public really begins to understand......... every door will be closed to the JW's. They will be ignored or worse by the public as they sit next to their trolleys.

As far as JW's who are PIMO this is the proper unassailable reason to fade. When asked why you no longer go out in service and/or stop attending meetings..........you say you have been stumbled by the unreported child sexual abuse that has still not been resolved. Until this situation is fixed and proper support is provided for abused children you can no longer support this religion. "Let me know when they fix this and I'll reconsider my stand."

There is plenty of non apostate information available that any JW or Elder can find after a 5 second Google search.

Stand behind this one issue and walk away free.

How children are treated in a religion defines that religion. Each and every religion that treats children this way loses it's forward momentum and starts to diminish.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

The JW Community podcast had a nice episode on some of the feedback. If they helped at least one person it's more than some of the asshats on this forum.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Morpheus, we all know what you think of protests. You're really unpleasant, you know that?

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Great work 😉👍

• NeedToKnow
    NeedToKnow

To hide child sexual abuse For the purpose of protecting Jehovah’s name in some misunderstood way accounts to child sacrifice plain and simple. And Jehovah hates child sacrifice. Jeremiah 19. Why would Jehovah need mere imperfect humans to protect His name? We’re only required to love God and neighbour and preach the good news. In Australia recently a Bishop was sentenced to prison for hiding child abuse. First time this has been done. I can’t wait till the law catches up with the org too.

• LV101
    LV101

AWESOME!

Thanks to all the courageous ones who are at least making an effort to protect the innocent against the criminal WT! People need to be aware of it's totalitarian rules of shunning that cause devastation/death to humans.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Wish you guys the best in your resolute goals! Cheers!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit