My Reinstated Niece Says She Goes To Meetings To Make Her Parents Happy

by minimus 15 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I'm hoping that my brother and his wife will THINK about everything the organization does to people. I know they do but their brain is still very much on automatic pilot.

• garybuss
    garybuss

They eat their young, they ignore their old, they snub their hurting, all they have left is the strong and all they seem to do is fight and maneuver. The Corporation seems to be receiving what they have worked hard to earn. I pity the masses trapped by circumstance and conditions. GaryB

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Well I am a hypocrite , I admit it - I attend meetings to make family happy etc. I also know of many others who do the same -- sad really

• minimus
    minimus

There are few in the corporation that are strong. JW's aren't just in Brooklyn or Patterson.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Mini, you point to a good reason why many reinstated persons don't attend much or stay inactive or become inactive. They feel that they are still not really accepted and forgiven, and they usually are not. They are the victims of a paranoid distrust. Also, it does not take long for them to realize that what they were "missing" was not much at all.

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, When you're made to feel like crap, why put yourself through it all? It's better to figure out that the "love" isn't really there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit