Need confirmation: WT bought an entire mountain in China to mine the granite needed for new WT HQ

by WingCommander 33 Replies latest jw friends

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

The Watchtower is buying granite from Rongcheng Best Cheer Granite Co. in Dongguan China.

2015 bill of lading at this link https://panjiva.com/Watchtower-Bible-And-Tract-Society/32439558

• sir82
    sir82
    45,000 kilos is a lot, but not exactly a "mountain".
  • OrphanCrow
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

So........they are getting it from China then? Probably bought only "half" a mountain, instead of just a whole one, huh? So I'm guessing the guy I quoted above isn't just making shit up from his Bethel tour, huh?

Does anyone know if WT bought the company listed above, or if it is merely a "shell company" set up to fool the Chinese government?

• juandefiero
    juandefiero
    159,990 kg of granite = a little more than 2,000 cubic feet of granite...that's not really that much.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

The panjiva website shows "7" shipments to the WT. Not sure how many were for granite - one is from a cabinetry company. Maybe the literature carts.

• Finkelstein
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    WC: Does anyone know if WT bought the company listed above, or if it is merely a "shell company" set up to fool the Chinese government?

The company was established in 1986 but I have not been able to find any ownership history. Probably won't. And, a company of that scope would have lots of private investors. Difficult to know the connections if there are any. However, the WT has a reputation for dealing with "insiders" whenever possible.

http://rongchengbestcheer.gogostone.com/companyInfo.asp

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Yes, Finkelstein, it is sort of smelly.

It reminds me of kids in the sandbox bragging about all the stuff their dad can do. Childish exaggeration with a childlike mind that will believe anything their parent tells them.

• compound complex
    compound complex

It reminds me of kids in the sandbox bragging about all the stuff their dad can do. Childish exaggeration with a childlike mind that will believe anything their parent tells them. -- OrphanCrow

I played with Nana's neighbor kid when I was visiting. We dug and played in the sandbox. I started digging too deep, and she warned me that her dad was going to cut my ears off.

I believed her . . . Thanks, OC, for happy memories revisited!

CC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit