Was anyone removed from Bethel for suggesting the Governing Body were the "Faithful Slave"?

by Brainfloss 9 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Brainfloss
    Brainfloss

I remember reading somewhere a reference to ones at bethel being removed for suggesting that the governing body was the faithful and discreet slave, years before the org. made this change. Am I wrong about this? Does anyone know where I can find the reference seem like they were running ahead. Thanks in advance.

• hoser
    hoser

If you run ahead of Jehovah’s chariot you’ll likely get thrown under it.

• St George of England
    St George of England

I remember reading about that on here some years ago. I think it all happened back in the 1980's and it was followed with a WT article explaining that the F&DS was all the anointed that were alive at that time.

George

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

For many decades, the faithful and discreet slave included all "anointed" Jehovah's Witnesses, but during the 2012 Annual Meeting the Governing Body greatly increased their authority by announcing that only they were to be considered to represent the faithful and discreet slave.

Governing Body Watchtower 2013 July 15 page 26

Watchtower 2013 Jul 15 p.26

Following this change, Watchtower articles have said that Jehovah's Witnesses must be prepared to follow instructions they receive, regardless of whether they seem to be "unsound", "strange, impractical or illogical."

"As the end of this system of things draws near, we need to trust in Jehovah’s way of doing things as never before. Why? During the great tribulation, we may receive instructions that seem strange, impractical, or illogical." Watchtower Feb 2022 p.6
    "All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not." Watchtower 2013 Nov 15 p.20
    Scroll down here:https://jwfacts.com/watchtower/faithful-discreet-slave.php

Atlantis!
  • Brainfloss
    Brainfloss

Thanks for the replies. It seems like perhaps the information was in a yearbook. Basically that believing that the FDS was only the governing body would be apostasy. I’m still looking.

• Yomama
    Yomama

Breaking news august 2016 broadcasy missing.

• Biahi
    Biahi

It’s funny, I found out here about that claim (new light). I then visited my mom, and mentioned that. She told me, “We don’t believe or teach that.” Her magazine was sitting right there, and she had just studied it. I opened it to the right page (thank you, guys), and showed it to her. Such a look on her face, cognitive dissonance. Priceless. 😀👍🏻🙏

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

I think the WT reference you want is the w1981 3/1 p. 24, under the sub-title, “WHO REALLY IS THE FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE?” (Can be seen here.)

This article identifies the F&DS as "all anointed Christians as a group on earth at any given time during the 19 centuries since Pentecost." And it does so in typical WT cocksureness, as if the understanding were beyond questioning. And as if JWs themselves figured this out.

The article goes on to describe any who might disagree as attempting to "force an interpretation," and as being "self-deceived." It describes some of these 'forced interpretations' as including the idea that the F&DS only refers to "the leading ones."

It is a true propaganda piece, and with the change that happened in 2013(?), it is truly ironic. It, in a sense, prophecies that the GB are "self deceived." So there would be one example of a WT 'prophecy' that turned out to be true.

• Listener
    Listener

I'm sure that is it Bobcat. I was looking for it but couldn't find it. Thanks for the reminder.

• Brainfloss
    Brainfloss

Perfect thanks so much

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit