God's Appearances in the Old Testament

by hooberus 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

YHWH's butt

"And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory. And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy. And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live. And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock: And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by: And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen." Exodus 33:18-23

comment: Though Moses and others could see God in the form of a man and live, they could not see God in his absolute glory and live.

Just funnin' with ya there, hoob'rus..............

But for anyone who wonders the word is

Psalm 78:66 And he smote his enemies in the hinder parts: he put them to a perpetual reproach.

2 Chr 4:4 It stood upon twelve oxen, three looking toward the north, and three looking toward the west, and three looking toward the south, and three looking toward the east: and the sea [was set] above upon them, and all their hinder parts [were] inward.

Gamaliel

• Satanus
    Satanus

The jewish god moons the prophet;)

SS

• gumby
    gumby

they could not see God in his absolute glory and live.

Aw.....how convientient.

Gumby

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

LOL .. geez that YHWH was one cheeky GOD!!

baptised in Jehovah dung, unc.

hey gumby, watch my

• gumby
    gumby

Hey Unc,

Where you been old bud? I thought one of them there gum trees may have fallen on ya!

Been thinkin bout ya. Nice to see you back.

Gumby

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Strange that within a couple of centuries, mankinds various religions all ceased to be predicated on 'eye witness', direct contact, even inspired writer's suddenly dissapeared from the scene.

The silence was deafening, that they had to convene large assemblies of the faithful and decide to cannonize formerly scattered works attributed to god. This move assuring that god would not be forgotten. Then to really seal the deal it always helps to call your selections HOLY.........how could anyone then take any pot shots at book so labeled? Funny how things work, eh.

The 'true believers' must now make appology for their god or gods, by offering up all sorts of twisted and convaluted reasons why god took a seriously long break.

Must admit Joseph Smith was one of the few modern characters that made a very good case for gods continued contact with man.......millions have bought his story..........not to mention that god had the sense to have his angel choose to record his thoughts on 'gold' tablets this time. Good move.

Danny

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Did yall notice that it *doesn't* say that a *woman* can't see God in His glory and yet live?

Frannie B

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Frannie,

Thats because Lisa (LDH) is god...............do I have to point out the obvious....

Danny

• gumby
    gumby
    The 'true believers' must now make appology for their god or gods, by offering up all sorts of twisted and convaluted reasons why god took a seriously long break.

God didn't take a long break danny! One day to us is a thousand for him! He has been gone for just a little over 2 days (little over 2 thousand years in OUR time)

Damn Dannybear.......2 days isn't that long for god to be gone.......have a little patience! He'll come when it's his time and we REALLY need him......untill then .....you can sit and pout all ya want ya little pouter.

Hey....I'll see ya next week as I am going on a trip myself ( more than 2 days). I'll be back next saterday as the wife and I are going to the coast camping.

See ya bud

Gumby

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Gumby,

Yeah the good ole 1000yr is a day to god, or was it 7,000 yr day of creation, no that was amended........anyway I get your point. God can beat around the bush (thank ya Moses) take his time, delay his answers but we damned well better give him an answer really quick.....or else!

And according to Mr Kim we better like the process as well......I mean who are we to have legimate questions anyway?

If your heading over to the 'left coast'....wave as you go by will ya. Beach camping is so damn fun. Camp fires and waves just seem to go together!

Have fun wish I could join ya.

Danny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit