Rick Simmons or Irwin Zalkin- Who should I call

by AbusedandPissed 8 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• AbusedandPissed
    AbusedandPissed

Hi there I am new to this and want to get some advice. I think I was abused as a child by someone in a hall in Central California a long time ago. I have been seeing on here for a while, two names keep popping up to get help. Which one should I call to get justice?

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Both.

• never a jw
    never a jw

You think?? I am no psychologist, but that piece information raises suspicion. To be sure about your "thinking", talk to shrink too.

Anyways, I like Zalkin better. He has far more resources than Simmons

• smiddy
    smiddy

You only THINK you were abused ???

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    I think I was abused as a child by someone in a hall in Central California a long time ago

Be sure about the following three things:

1. Be clear whether what happened with you was actually Child abuse (sexual?)

2. Be sure of who was the one who did it.

3. Be precise about when that happened and under what circumstances.

Lastly, remember, there is a difference between allegation and substantiation. The more clear and accurate you are with the facts, the more nearer you are to the goal of getting justice.

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

AbusedandPissed

Are you saying 'think' because you are not sure it warrants the term 'abuse' What I mean to say is, I was sexually assaulted twice but I kept convincing myself 'it wasn't that bad' because I was in denial. It was when I related the abuse to my husband and friend who said yes, I was seriously sexually abused.

I'm just wondering if you are thinking maybe it wasn't deemed 'abuse'? You need someone to talk to about it. Trust me if anyone has done anything inappropriate to you as a child - it's abuse.

also, take the above info from Drearyweather.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver
    never a jw: You think?? I am no psychologist, but that piece information raises suspicion.

FWIW:

Research finds misconceptions about memory may affect child sexual abuse prosecutions

6 July 2017

The Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse has released a new research report about how memory affects child sexual abuse prosecutions.

The research report, Empirical Guidance on the Effects of Child Sexual Abuse on Memory and Complainant’s Evidence, outlines research findings that “common sense” beliefs about memory, frequently held by police, lawyers, judges, juries and laypeople, did not correspond with scientific knowledge about memory.

The research identifies a number of misconceptions that people hold about how memory works, and what memories are reliable. It reports that misconceptions about memory include that memory will be complete, unchanging and 'photographic'.

READ MORE: http://www.childabuseroyalcommission.gov.au/media-centre/media-releases/2017-06/research-finds-misconceptions-about-memory-may-aff

DOWNLOAD REPORT (PDF, 197 pages): http://www.childabuseroyalcommission.gov.au/getattachment/82be1761-c7f8-400a-93cc-3cb7e4357d71/Empirical-Guidance-on-the-Effects-of-Child-Sexual

• flipper
    flipper

I would call Zalkin because from what I've seen - he is the most actively involved attorney at the moment and last few years trying to bring justice for WT child abuse victims. He sees the big picture and he's trying to hold WT leaders accountable. So that's my 2 cents. Good luck to you, hang in there, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

TBH looking at AbusedandPissed's posting history, I think they've "left the building"...

I only posted on this thread to highlight the new ARC report that has just been released as it's related to some of the 'memory' comments that have been made on this thread....

and I've already started a new topic today, so I think that''s my 'new-topic' limit used up until tomorrow...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit