Australian jws/branch warned of possible loss of charity status.

by Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice. 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Hello all interested persons,

Whilst driving to work this morning listening to the radio, my ears pricked when the presenter began talking about jws. It was on a programme which airs between 8.00 and 8.30 entitled AM, and broadcast on the ABC national radio. Not sure whether it went nationwide, but it was certainly heard throughout New South Wales.

I am uncertain who the interviewee was, and whether she represented the government or The Royal Commission, but she was expressing her disgust, not only towards the jws, but also towards the other smaller groups presented in the Royal Commission into institutionalised child sexual abuse, and who continue to refuse to become a part of the Redress Scheme to compensate victims.

She made it clear that the jws have been threatened, co-erced, and encouraged to join up to the scheme, but they continue in their steadfast refusal. She made it clear that if there has been no positive move by the 31st of December then most likely their charitable status will be revoked. She said any jws listening who can influence a decision should contact those responsible.

Not only are the jaydubs in the ranks perpetrators, and the org virtually condoning the behaviour, we now have the org inflicting more suffering on the victims by denying them a small measure of monetary compensation.

Evil bastards - both jws and their beloved hierachy.

Cheeses.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Since when is helping joke-hova to ruin this earth a charity?

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

This press release started the discussion today in Australia on the JWs losing their charity status:

https://ministers.dss.gov.au/media-releases/6546

• Harry
    Harry

Oh they wont like that, Satan is starting his persecution of god's chosen ones.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

It can`t come soon enough for me and I`ll bet thousands like me.Hit em where it hurts in their hip pocket .$$$$$$

I believe it would have Cheeses , I normally listen to AM after the news but today I just didn`t turn it on.

And i`m in Victoria.

• Hotpepper
    Hotpepper

Best news I've heard all day. Maybe they can get G.Jackson to pay the WTS taxes from his ice cream $$$

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

This is "win-win" for the JW leadership. How so??

1. By now joining the redress scheme, they aren't going to pay anything to anyone.

2. Once the above happens and the Australian government revokes their charitable status, they can immediately start claiming, "Persecution!!!!!" and playing the "boo-hoo, whoith me!!" card. And the rank-n-file Sheeple who've been fed the "anything outside of JWdotBorg is from Satan", will eat it up hook, line, and sinker.

3. Then, with those cards being played, they'll start in on the guilt trips around the world to donate more to help out the Australian JW's who are being "persecuted" by Satan's wicked world governments.

The gaslighting and manipulation is so strong in this cult, it's sickening!

This cult is vile and evil.

• shepherdless
    shepherdless
    1. By now joining the redress scheme, they aren't going to pay anything to anyone.

Actually, it had been previously reported that organisations that join the redress scheme are paying on average A$80,000 per victim. The idea of the redress scheme is that, on the one hand it reduces the amounts payable per victim, but on the other hand saves the victim of having to go through the delays and risks of court as the government administratively assesses each claim.

I think the main reasons that the Borg hasn’t joined is that 1600 x A$80,000 = A$128,000,000. The Borg simply can’t afford the payments, without a massive sale of Australian real estate (ie Kingdom Halls). The Borg has a ridiculously high number of victims for an organisation of its size.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The Borg has a ridiculously high number of victims for an organisation of its size

My thoughts exactly ! In this regard I think their as bad if not worse than the Catholic religion that seems to be singled out by the media.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Yes I have to agree with shepherdess. The redress scheme is just out of the question. It would bankrupt them. Trust me they have weighed the situation up, and it more economically viable to lose their tax free status than to pay out the victims.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit