Loyalty to God ( or the Society ) Before The Familiar

by BluesBrother 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• St George of England
    St George of England

I still remember OOMPAH as I'm sure many here do also, even though I never knew him.

George

• menrov
    menrov

Fortunately I hear of more and more JW's who go against this "shunning". May be not always in openness but at least they try to show their care for the disfellowshipped person.

But the policy is wrong and damaging. Very strange that governments are still reluctant to act against these harsh policies, often practices by cults. I cannot believe a judge would approve the policy if they would see these videos. All these parents are worse than unbelievers:

1Ti 5:8 But if someone does not provide for his own, especially his own family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

Any parent who, as a result of loyalty to men, does not (consider to) provide for a relative or family member (any form, can be money, emotional etc) who is in (serious) need, is not worth to be a parent. A parent does not have to agree with the lifestyle or views of the other family member but has a moral obligation to (consider to) provide support when the other member is in need of it.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

exactly whats happened to my family.

my older son--now 44--was d/f about 11 years ago. his marriage had fallen apart ( not his fault !)--and he met someone else--so decided to end his involvement with the cult. He was d/f.

his mother --a 3rd gen born in--has shunned him ever since.

when i found out about it i made contact with him--through a facebook search. we hadnt had any contact for 24 years prior to that.

now--11 years later--he has just had another child--has a lovely wife--a beautiful home in a delightful location--a great business from home, and many friends.

he just doesnt have a mother any more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit