Did you ever know a JW who was political?

by wolverines 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• wolverines
    wolverines

I new a few. One black sister would always slam the Jews when there was anything on the radio or TV about the Palestinian's. I knew others who had other ideas that were strange and not neutral as we were told to be. The black sister would dress like she was from Africa in a Dashiki robe from time to time. and this was in Middle America. I always would think as a JW we are supposed to not stand out and this defiantly stands out.

• minimus
    minimus

I did not. Politics was a no no for conversation unless the Watchtower made a particular point

• Justaguynamedmorph
    Justaguynamedmorph

I live near Washington, DC so its not unusual for the dubbies to have a political view but they generally kept it very quiet... until obama got elected. For some reason a whole lot of them felt it was ok to be proud of the first black president

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Justaguynamedmorph - Watchtower is very civll rights - maybe that's why.

• Davros
    Davros
    Many became more interested in politics around 2008/2009. Some even registered to vote.
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have never seen anything that would allow anyone to stand out from anyone else permitted. It would result in endless hounding until we go back to the way everyone else does things. And this also prohibits things like ties that go against the uniform, canvas (or part canvas) meeting bags instead of full leather, or absolutely anything that ties in with a home region. Obviously, when you get a people that originates from Africa, they are not allowed to do anything African. The same with Asian or European countries. Everyone is supposed to be equal to everyone else, and that is completely dull.

So much for joke-hova wanting diversity.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Political opinions? Sure but never in front of other dubs or at the K Hall.

At home, among the family it is different... They are human and watch the news with interest so they have opinions. They just pretend not to... it is something which must not be spoken.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Ever noticed how Rev 13:17 is always left out of their explanation of 666. They apply the number to politics like the image that Nebuchadnezzar set up and not pledging allegiance. But they never really explain Rev 13:17 which is specific in saying you wont be able to buy or sell:-

(Revelation 13:17) . . .and that nobody might be able to buy or sell except a person having the mark, the name of the wild beast or the number of its name. . .

• Justaguynamedmorph
    Justaguynamedmorph

Anna maria, you clearly missed the four times we studied the revelation book in the congregation book study.

• newleaver1
    newleaver1
    An elder took me into the back room once and said someone saw me go in to vote. I live in the u.k, it was a massive joke. He used to love doing that, taking brothers into back room to accuse them.of something for a joke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit