Introduction

by shattered_origins 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• shattered_origins
    shattered_origins
    I joined the forum yesterday and made 2 angry posts which received encouraging replies. I spent a good chunk of time today browsing various posts, and I can't get enough! I'm doing things backwards now and taking a moment to introduce myself. I'm an American female in my late 20s, born into JW, even pioneered for a while because it is expected of young people. I was disfellowshipped for a few years, and recently got reinstated because I missed my family. Since then, I have begun to fade out for personal reasons, but felt guilty for doing so. A few weeks ago, my sister (also a user of this forum) came to visit me and gave me a powerful "unwitnessing." Now I don't feel so guilty for missing so many meeting, and my fading intensifies.
  • Simon
    Simon

We've had much angrier people on here, trust me!

Sounds like your sister is looking out for you and isn't going to let you get suckered back into it but I can understand anyone "going through the motions" in order to get contact with their family.

Anyway, welcome to the forum - I hope you find it useful. There's lots of people far wiser and level headed than me who can give you good advice and maybe have gone through some of the same issues.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Welcome to the forum shattered_origins. You'll see, as time progresses, that the Watchtower was worse than you expected. There is no going back once you've learned half of what we know.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Welcome! I dont recall your angry posts but i look forward to more! Always fun to have a little pot stirring ;)
  • clarity
    clarity

Shattered ....a quick hello & big welcome. You are so young, start living your life & drop the guilt & fear.....you don't owe those men anything. The only power they have is when a fool does what they say.

All the best

clarity

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Welcome. Freemindfade at your service
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry

Since then, I have begun to fade out for personal reasons, but felt guilty for doing so. A few weeks ago, my sister (also a user of this forum) came to visit me and gave me a powerful "unwitnessing."

Nice for you to have an awake sibling.

You may find this interesting:

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/2bh9eq/almost_exjw_in_a_very_diffucult_situation_need/cj5hvb8

• Divergent
    Divergent
    Now I don't feel so guilty for missing so many meeting, and my fading intensifies.

You shouldn't feel guilty at all. Happy fading! Btw, I'm also fading too =)

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Welcome shattered_origins. I pioneered too but it was a long time ago. Glad you've got your sister with you. Wishing you well for your fade.
  • never a jw
    never a jw
    Welcome shattered... to the forum and to the better part of your life, in spite of few bumps ahead. Never been a JW, but I have been close to them through family ties for almost thirty years. The surface of the religion looks good, in fact sometimes so good that even an atheist as myself rated it highly when I compared to other religions. Now, the inside is another matter...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit