The famous liars

by days of future passed 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

I was talking with my sister and the subject of the WT using Rahab as an exemplary example of Theocratic warfare which is of course, lying. When the WT uses her, they fail to highlight the fact that she was a temple prostitute and an unbeliever when she "saved" the spies.

I said you know, the WT doesn't use the most famous liar as an example. That would be Peter of course. He lied to save his own skin. She said that she thought that the WT did use him recently as a positive lying example. I don't know about that. I guess they could spin it as "Peter used TW and he was blessed because by staying out of jail and staying alive, he could then be used by J later on"

The thing is, Jesus would then be a bigger liar because he told Peter he would deny him three times before the cock crowed. And that wasn't spoken of as a positive thing. Peter didn't think of it as a positive either.

But it's all good if the WT says it.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Peter lied and was forgiven because he was repentant. When Jesus was asked if he was a king, he could have lied and spared himself. Instead, he told the truth and was executed for treason.

Jesus told the truth even though it cost him his life.

Lesson: Even in the face of death, always be honest.

Theocratic Warfare is what the Romans would have called "Taurus Feces".

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

It also proves that Jehovah, dose when necessary, works out side his designated organisation. Rehab was not only a gentile, but was also a women of disrepute. Job is another very good example of this as well.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Job was a woman of disrepute ? LOL.

Of course all these stories are Fiction, as is Big J himself.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Can someone set me straight ? What lie did Satan make in Genesis?

God told Adam in the day he ate of the fruit that he wasn`t allowed to eat he would surely die, right ?

Adam surely would have told Eve this restriction not to eat of the fruit also. right?

Satan told Eve that she would not die in the day she ate of the fruit , and she didn`t die in that day nor did Adam right?

Satan also went on to tell Eve her eyes would be open and she would know good and bad just like God ,and she did come to know good and bad just like God and so did Adam.

So how is it that Satan is a liar and the Father of the lie from this genesis account ?

Without doing scriptual gymnastics ?

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

So Satan exposed God for a cover up from the truth? Still Totally ADD

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

Lesson: Even in the face of death, always be honest.

Really? Perhaps someone should have told Isaac, "So Isaac stayed in Gerar. When the men of that place asked him about his wife, he said, "She is my sister," because he was afraid to say, "She is my wife." He thought, "The men of this place might kill me on account of Rebekah, because she is beautiful."" (Gen 26:6-7)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit