My JW friend

by former2free 8 Replies latest jw friends

• former2free
    former2free

I have been on a journey to leave and my plans are starting to come to their fulfillment. I got the job I want back to move away from where I’m at and I have just a couple of hurdles to get past. One of those was telling my best friend whom I’ve known since I was 13. He is still very active and indoctrinated and we had a long conversation where I told him I’m leaving the organization. Unlike most people he is a good one he said that he will always be my friend and that we can still talk just as much as we always have and that he will not shun me. He is a rare gem of a witness. He said why would I not talk to you after all I talked to him a lot during the 12 years he was disfellowshipped so he has no problem doing the same. Now I just have to talk to my brother and I have a feeling that it’s not going to go very well with him but it’s my life not his.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Good for you. It may seem difficult at first. It will be. What helps speed up the process of feeling better is filling your voids. Make new friends. Close friends. People who really care about you and show it. Work towards your goals. Enjoy life.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Good to hear former2free! TRUE friendship is much thicker that the jw spell that has been cast upon our real friends.

I've been inactive for 6 years now but I attend meetings on Sunday with my 'still-in' wife so she won't a jw "widow". So far, not one of my jw friends has shunned or even semi-shunned me even though I tend to be snarky and very casual about the "new" jw teachings. I have been a good friend to many, many jw's over my 70+ years and I guess that I'm just lucky that not one jw that I know has abandoned me.

just saying!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Once you actually move away, become "spiritually weak" at your new Cong. Since you're new and they don't really know you, you'll drop of their radar pretty quickly.

Good Luck!

Doc

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

• steve2
    steve2

Are you going to tell your brother that you've got a new job or that you're leaving the organization?

• former2free
    former2free

Steve2

yes I will eventually just gotta get to it mentally.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I just looked back at your first post 10 years ago where you said it was all BS and you were going to leave then ?

And you still haven`t ? After 10 years ?

What about your then wife ? You don`t mention her in your latest post is she still a JW ?

You mentioned that your brother was a doubter back then 10 years ago also ?

I think you need to explain yourself a little better my friend .

Just saying.

• former2free
    former2free

Smiddy,

I am sorry but I don’t owe any explanation if you read all my posts you would have your answers to the questions you just asked.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Why not just pay me to come over and kick the squirt out of you?

It will hurt, sure, but in 3 or 4 months you will have forgotte... Oh, I GET IT!

YOU LIKE LONG TERM PAIN, don't you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit