For active JW's & Faders

by The Fall Guy 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

(Matthew 28:18) Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has (past & present tense) been given me in heaven and on the earth.

(1 Corinthians 15:27) For God “subjected (past & present tense) all things under his feet.”

(1 Timothy 6:15, 16) "He is (present tense) the King of those who rule as kings and Lord of those who rule as lords, the one alone having immortality, who dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see."

w05 9/1 p. 27 - Hence, it can truthfully be stated that since Jesus’ resurrection and ascension, “not one of men” has actually seen Jesus.

In view of the foregoing Biblical/literature citations - particularly the WT quote - how can the WTBTS/CCoJW depict this all-powerful personage as a grey haired, bearded, brown eyed white man in a kids animation?

(6 mins. 40 secs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo9kj1FlTJ8

Look up the dictionary meanings of 'sacrilege' & 'blasphemy.'

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

I watched that video last night and just about got sick. Why can’t a kid do good because it’s the right thing to do? There shouldn’t be pressure placed upon kids to do good solely because there is a heavenly audience watching their every move!!! No wonder these kids feel depressed and guilty all the time. One simple mistake means they made a host of people disappointed in them. 😡😡😡

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

That video is f*cking spooky! If I had young kids, I wouldn't let them see it. It would scare the sh*t out of them. Or maybe that 's the purpose. Jesus, those guys have no f*cking idea about how to teach children!

just saying!

• Giordano
    Giordano

The Society has never honored nor emotionally supported children. In fact they used to discouraged starting a family because it would take time away from the door to door work........... pedaling magazines was more important.

Without born-ins there would be no surviving JW religion.

As far as I know there is never a playground attached to a Kingdom Hall....nary a swing set. They may exist but I have not seen one.

Their are no programs at the KH designed for children. No bible is fun classes (Sunday School) that would keep a child occupied....just a dull mumbled rant from the podium and long fidgety prayers that go on so long that parents have to punish their children to keep them quiet.

A JW child is discouraged from making worldy friends and participating in after school activities, school parties etc.

Then the life long encouragement to pioneer instead of continuing one's education. And of course the suicide note The NO Blood card a child carries on their person.

A JW childhood is all about forbidding and measuring up even when a child has no idea what any of that means.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Darkknight757 - "...Why can’t a kid do good because it’s the right thing to do?.."

Sure, they can...

...but an integral component of an ultra-conservative worldview - and particularly the Watchtower worldview - is the axiom that people, including children, are inherently bad.

Thusly, it follows that people, including children, can't be trusted to "do the right thing" simply for its own sake.

Fear of displeasing a deity is therefore viewed as needed to ensure it (although IMO, it's kind of a cheap-ass shortcut, all things considering).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit